Re: Goto Address

2004-11-01 11:38:36 PM
cppbuilder98
Thomas wrote:
I tried the "Goto Address" feature of the IDE and it gives me a "E2188
Expression Syntax" error message.

What am I doing wrong?
Prefix with '0x' as per C/C++ syntax.
This catches me out from time to time. The IDE often displays addresses
in a format that is not C/C++ compatible and then gets snitty when you
put the address in as displayed.
--
Andrue Cope [TeamB]
[Bicester, Uk]

Re:Re: Goto Address

Hello,
I am trying some advanced debugging tools (since the basic ones do not seem
to help) in debugging my application.
I get an EAccessViolation and I write down the address that the error
message gives..." EAccessViolation occured at
00427C24...error in write to address 47B936EE..."
I tried the "Goto Address" feature of the IDE and it gives me a "E2188
Expression Syntax" error message.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks
Thomas

Re:Re: Goto Address

Thanks Andrue, that worked!!
Could you email me at XXXX@XXXXX.COM . I have a question that is
probably not appropriate for a message group.
"Andrue Cope [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Thomas wrote:

>I tried the "Goto Address" feature of the IDE and it gives me a "E2188
>Expression Syntax" error message.
>
>What am I doing wrong?

Prefix with '0x' as per C/C++ syntax.

This catches me out from time to time. The IDE often displays addresses
in a format that is not C/C++ compatible and then gets snitty when you
put the address in as displayed.

--
Andrue Cope [TeamB]
[Bicester, Uk]
info.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html

{smallsort}

Re:Re: Goto Address

"Thomas" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Could you email me
Please do not ask for help via email. It is against Borland's newsgroup
guidelines:
info.borland.com/newsgroups/netiquette.html
9. Do not ask for assistance via email. Saying, "I don't read this group
often, so please mail your replies" is essentially saying, "My time is more
important than your time." If someone is willing to spend the time to answer
your question, you should be willing to spend the time necessary to retrieve
the answer. Getting one-on-one help via e-mail is also known as consulting,
and consulting does not come free.
Gambit