[Warning] Impossible to create the precompiled header

2005-04-29 05:09:32 PM
cppbuilder87
Hello,
Please, how to avoid this warning (I translate from French) ?
[ C++ Warning ] Dialogs.hpp(437): W8058 Impossible to create the
precompiled header : data initialized in the header
Is it because I create TOpenDialog dynamically ? I've also have some
SuiPack dialog (from Sunisoft)...
Cordially,
Rodrigue

Re:[Warning] Impossible to create the precompiled header

Yes, I want to remove this also.
It seems to randomly appear afetr adding some header file but the
line it points to is NOT initialised data. Has anyone found a solution to
this one?
Cheers, Pete

"Pete Fraser" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
Yes, I want to remove this also.
It seems to randomly appear afetr adding some header file but the
line it points to is NOT initialised data. Has anyone found a solution to
this one?
I've seen this error when including a file without or before
the #pragma hdrstop that contains default args in the
header or templates. It's usually a boost or std header
in my case. It took a while to figure this out as it
points to dialogs.hpp which I've never actually
included.
To find it, I had to do a full build and watch which files
were getting compiled when the warning displayed.
It's not just a dumb warning either as once it does this
it won't use PCH any longer.
HTH

{smallsort}

Pete Fraser wrote:
It seems to randomly appear afetr adding some header file but the
line it points to is NOT initialised data. Has anyone found a
solution to this one?
In my case I find that performing a rebuild makes it go away :-/
--
Andrue Cope [TeamB]
[Bicester, Uk]

Re:[Warning] Impossible to create the precompiled header

Please, how to avoid this warning (I translate from French) ?
[ C++ Warning ] Dialogs.hpp(437): W8058 Impossible to create the
precompiled header : data initialized in the header
I sometimes get this when I include a third-party component that also
includes math.hpp, which contains data initialised in the header.

Re:[Warning] Impossible to create the precompiled header

I had a problem with one of my projects when I converted from Rouge
Wave to STLPort. Conversion was done using #define in the project
options(_USE_OLD_RW_STL). All my source files have the following at the
start:
#include <vcl.h>
#include "environ.h"
#include "VclAndNonVcl.h"
#pragma hdrstop
To get around the problem for the first module that is compiled I
changed it to:
#include <vcl.h>
#pragma hdrstop
#include "environ.h"
#include "VclAndNonVcl.h"
#pragma hdrstop
So for the first module only the VCL is in the pre-compiled headers and
then the rest of the modules have my optimised pre-compiled headers.
This works for me.
I try not to think about why this works.
Richard Quartermaine