Vista Problem

2007-03-31 02:15:53 PM
cppbuilder74
I get a problem with Vista when i try to open my source code from XP...
Access Violation at address 008bfe48 in module coreide60.bpl. Read of address 00000008 when running borland c++ builder 6.0.
Does anyone have any idea how to solve this?

Re:Vista Problem

I have seen people report similar problems like this in the past. It
usually involved a corrupted DSK, BPG, BPR, or BPK file.
First, try deleting all temporary files such as the DSK, TDS, and STR files
and then open your project.
If that doesn't solve the problem then check if this problem happens with a
new project? If you are able to close and reopen this new project then
maybe you should try creating new projects for your existing project files.
For your first attempt give the project a different name. If you are able
to load it successfully then you can compare the differences to see what got
corrupted. Or, if you don't want to spend the time comparing differences
you can blow away your old project files and put the new ones in place.
- Clayton

Re:Vista Problem

thanks...I'll give it a try...so you are able to run c++builder
6.0 with Windows Vista without any problem?

{smallsort}

Re:Vista Problem

so you are able to run c++builder
6.0 with Windows Vista without any problem?
I don't have Vista yet. However, I haven't seen any posts regarding BCB6
not working on Vista. I have read something about HLP files not working ...
but I haven't researched that yet.
- Clayton

Re:Vista Problem

I don't have Vista yet. However, I haven't seen any posts regarding BCB6
not working on Vista. I have read something about HLP files not working ...
but I haven't researched that yet.

- Clayton

Thanks...I guess I am the first.

Re:Vista Problem

Vista doesn't have support for the .hlp help files anymore; however, you can
download it from
www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx