TClientDataSet handling of &, >,<

2004-01-08 07:12:57 PM
cppbuilder6
Dear Group
I am using a TClientDataSet with data in an XML datafile. This works fine,
except that I have serious problems when a datafield contains one of the
special characters.
Sometimes the application just locks, and sometimes the dataline is omitted
from the dataset.
Usually when an XML document is supposed to contain one of the special
characters & <>, you are supposed to exchange them for & < or>
but if I do this, all that happens is that the data now contaions the
transcriptions instead of the appropriate sign.
Is there any way around this, or do I have to accept that you cannot
represent & <>in a TClientDataSet.
Regards
Jan