BCB 2007: Cannot open Borland.Cpp.Targets during linking

2007-07-10 02:31:00 PM
cppbuilder58
Hello all
I have just installed the C++ Builder 2007 and want to install a new
component from TSiLang but I got an error during the linking which
cannot be a problem of the component.
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Borland.Cpp.Targets(1738,3):
error : Fatal: Datei kann nicht ge÷ffnet werden (The file cannot be open)
The file is existing and I can open this one. So why does the compile
say not possible?
Thanks Thomas

Re:BCB 2007: Cannot open Borland.Cpp.Targets during linking

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Borland.Cpp.Targets(1738,3):
error : Fatal: Datei kann nicht ge÷ffnet werden (The file cannot be open)
If you create a new package and put in a new VCL
component as a simple test, does that build?
As another experiment I suggest running the
"RAD Studio Command Prompt" and browse over
to your package project and run:
msbuild mypackage.cbproj
Maybe there will be a more detailed error
that way. I tend to think the problem is
with a certain file or file type in your
package project rather than a problem in
the Borland.Cpp.Targets file itself.
--Craig

Re:BCB 2007: Cannot open Borland.Cpp.Targets during linking

Borland.Cpp.Targets is just the script that's executing when the linker
complains that it can't find the TSiLang library (import or static).
It's not the problem.
Sounds like the linker search path is missing some directories. What is
the missing file? And is it's path on the linker search path?
Mark
Thomas J wrote:
Hello all
I have just installed the C++ Builder 2007 and want to install a new
component from TSiLang but I got an error during the linking which
cannot be a problem of the component.

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Borland.Cpp.Targets(1738,3):
error : Fatal: Datei kann nicht ge÷ffnet werden (The file cannot be open)

The file is existing and I can open this one. So why does the compile
say not possible?

Thanks Thomas

{smallsort}

Re:BCB 2007: Cannot open Borland.Cpp.Targets during linking

Thanks a lot for your help. It seems that the package file which TsiLang
has provided me is not correct.
So I will wait on progress from TsiLang.
If you are intrest in.
www.sicomponents.com/forum/viewtopic.php
Thanks
Thomas

Thomas J wrote:
>Hello all
>I have just installed the C++ Builder 2007 and want to install a new
>component from TSiLang but I got an error during the linking which
>cannot be a problem of the component.
>
>C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Borland.Cpp.Targets(1738,3):
>error : Fatal: Datei kann nicht ge÷ffnet werden (The file cannot be open)
>
>The file is existing and I can open this one. So why does the compile
>say not possible?
>
>Thanks Thomas

Re:BCB 2007: Cannot open Borland.Cpp.Targets during linking

Thanks a lot!
I was able to create a new component out of TButton. It seems that the
problem is in the packagae file. So I will wait for TsiLang
Thomas
Craig Farrell schrieb:

>C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Borland.Cpp.Targets(1738,3):
>error : Fatal: Datei kann nicht ge÷ffnet werden (The file cannot be open)

If you create a new package and put in a new VCL
component as a simple test, does that build?
As another experiment I suggest running the
"RAD Studio Command Prompt" and browse over
to your package project and run:
msbuild mypackage.cbproj

Maybe there will be a more detailed error
that way. I tend to think the problem is
with a certain file or file type in your
package project rather than a problem in
the Borland.Cpp.Targets file itself.

--Craig

Re:BCB 2007: Cannot open Borland.Cpp.Targets during linking

I alsop had the same error. I found that this was the linker setting
"Weitere Optionen". When I erased them, I had no errors. But I found
also, that erasing this setting isn't possible (BUG!!!) in the window. I
have to do this in the .CBPROJ File.