IDE does not remember desktop settings

2007-08-17 05:59:44 PM
cppbuilder10
How do I get the 2007 IDE to restart on the same desktop as I last closed
it.
This seems pretty standard practice on other programs.
Also, if I'm building multiple configurations on one desktop, and switch to
another desktop to work on something else, the next dialog to pop up will be
on the active desktop.
Also, if I leave the docked stuff (object inspector, program manager, etc.)
"pinned", restarting resets to not "pinned". The screen saver will un"pin"
it as well. (VS stays pinned).
Is this all part of design, or is it a bug that should be reported?

Re:IDE does not remember desktop settings

Try going into Help|Options and enabling autosave of the desktop.
. Ed
Valence wrote in message
news:46c5718f$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

How do I get the 2007 IDE to restart on the same desktop as I last closed
it.

This seems pretty standard practice on other programs.

Also, if I'm building multiple configurations on one desktop, and switch
to another desktop to work on something else, the next dialog to pop up
will be on the active desktop.

Also, if I leave the docked stuff (object inspector, program manager,
etc.) "pinned", restarting resets to not "pinned". The screen saver will
un"pin" it as well. (VS stays pinned).

Is this all part of design, or is it a bug that should be reported?

Re:IDE does not remember desktop settings

Selecting
Tools|Options|Environment Options
and setting "Autosave options|Project desktop"
did not fix. Still pops up on wrong screen, and still un"pins" docked
windows.
Thanks though. I'm not sure what that saves?
"Ed Mulroy [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Try going into Help|Options and enabling autosave of the desktop.

. Ed

>Valence wrote in message
>news:46c5718f$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>
>How do I get the 2007 IDE to restart on the same desktop as I last closed
>it.
>
>This seems pretty standard practice on other programs.
>
>Also, if I'm building multiple configurations on one desktop, and switch
>to another desktop to work on something else, the next dialog to pop up
>will be on the active desktop.
>
>Also, if I leave the docked stuff (object inspector, program manager,
>etc.) "pinned", restarting resets to not "pinned". The screen saver will
>un"pin" it as well. (VS stays pinned).
>
>Is this all part of design, or is it a bug that should be reported?

{smallsort}

Re:IDE does not remember desktop settings

That exhausts my ideas other than trying to enable the other save options
(which, like autosave or the editor, I don't think will do it).
. Ed
news:46c5bad5$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...