TTable using memory and getting bigger

2005-05-06 06:26:52 PM
cppbuilder76
I'm using TTable componenets for paradox databases. Memory usage always
increasing in time. I'm working on a project which always adding records to
database and never close the application. But it really needs a huge memory
for recent computer capacities. Please give me an advice for this project.
Best Regards,
Gurhan

Re:TTable using memory and getting bigger

Gurhan Cogumlu wrote:
I'm using TTable componenets for paradox databases. Memory usage always
increasing in time. I'm working on a project which always adding records to
database and never close the application. But it really needs a huge memory
for recent computer capacities. Please give me an advice for this project.

Best Regards,
Gurhan

I have an application that works similarly to the one you described.
The application has been in use for several years with no memory
problems. It sounds like you have a good old-fashioned memory leak not
an issue with the TTable component.

Re:TTable using memory and getting bigger

I'm sure the following algorithm always filling the free size of memory. You
can try easily.
try
{
Table1->Append();
Table1Personel->AsInteger = Sicil;
Table1Zaman->AsString = zaman;
Table1Kapi->AsInteger = TermNo*10+Yon;
Table1->Post();
DbiSaveChanges(Table1->Handle);
}
catch(...) {Table1->Cancel();}
"Danzer" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >, haber iletisinde sunlari
yazdi:427bb2e3$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
Gurhan Cogumlu wrote:
>I'm using TTable componenets for paradox databases. Memory usage always
>increasing in time. I'm working on a project which always adding records
>database and never close the application. But it really needs a huge
memory
>for recent computer capacities. Please give me an advice for this
project.

>Best Regards,
>Gurhan

I have an application that works similarly to the one you described.
The application has been in use for several years with no memory
problems. It sounds like you have a good old-fashioned memory leak not
an issue with the TTable component.

{smallsort}