Re: Prevent refreshing of a TImage?

2005-05-28 01:45:24 AM
cppbuilder78
Using TPaintBox instead of TImage was really a great suggestion!
Now the stuff I do is much more efficient and I can handle extreme zooming
without any problem.
I don't know why I used a TImage at all...
Anyway, thank you both for the useful info.

Re:Re: Prevent refreshing of a TImage?

"Analian" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

[...] I can handle extreme zooming without any problem.
That was an important piece of info. Had I known that to begin
with ....
My preview buffers the output by using an additional bitmap
so that StretchDraw (very slow) is called only once when the
ZoomRatio changes and it uses CopyRect (much faster) to put
it to the screen. I'm impressed with how fast it is. So much
so that I didn't feel a need to try to improve performance
further. You can scroll a 17x22 (inches [8.5x11 x2]) with only
an occasional flicker.
~ JD