where to delete lib in IDE

2008-05-07 10:30:04 AM
cppbuilder57
I added some components into IDE (oldcomp.lib), and create an application
which use this component successfully.
Later I delete the components and reinstall it with another package/lib
name(newcomp.lib).
I modified the original application project to use new version component,
and still get link error:
Unable to open file "oldcomp.lib".
I checked makefile and option-source for the project, there is the line:
LIBRARIES = oldcomp.lib
<LIBRARIES value="oldcomp.lib"/>
But I can not find somewhere to delete it in IDE.
-- shark

Re:where to delete lib in IDE

Don't be insulted if this sounds too trivial.
But, did you go to the top menu Project\Remove From Project ... ?
Does the library show up in the Project Manager ?
If so, highlight it and press the right mouse button. One option is to
remove it from the project.
John
"shark" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I added some components into IDE (oldcomp.lib), and create an application
which use this component successfully.

But I can not find somewhere to delete it in IDE.
-- shark

Re:where to delete lib in IDE

Don't be insulted if this sounds too trivial.
But, did you go to the top menu Project\Remove From Project ... ?
Does the library show up in the Project Manager ?
If so, highlight it and press the right mouse button. One option is to
remove it from the project.
I have checked this several times, nothing shows there. But exists in
makefile.

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>I added some components into IDE (oldcomp.lib), and create an application
>which use this component successfully.
>
>But I can not find somewhere to delete it in IDE.
>-- shark

{smallsort}

Re:where to delete lib in IDE

Hi,
With some libs it is possible to go to project settings/packages.
If the checkbox: use runtime packages is off, turn it temporary on to enable
import libs editbox. Then delete package names, you dont wan to be included.
Finally, if your checkbox was off, make it off again.
But i am not sure if you can remove all not needed references this way.
And what about spare libraries. How to remove them?
--
Pozdrawiam
Jarek Karciarz
I added some components into IDE (oldcomp.lib), and create an application
which use this component successfully.

Later I delete the components and reinstall it with another package/lib
name(newcomp.lib).

I modified the original application project to use new version component,
and still get link error:
Unable to open file "oldcomp.lib".

I checked makefile and option-source for the project, there is the line:
LIBRARIES = oldcomp.lib
<LIBRARIES value="oldcomp.lib"/>

But I can not find somewhere to delete it in IDE.

-- shark

Re:where to delete lib in IDE

Edit the option source and remove ALL entries under LIBRARIES, SPARELIBS,
and PACKAGES. Save the XML file and close it. When you recompile, the appropriate
libraries will automatically be added back.