How to auto-increment the build number by command line build with MSBUILD?

2008-01-18 01:21:45 AM
cppbuilder48
I create a simple build machine by batch file. I turn on the "Auto-increment
build nymber" option of the project and build it on command line with
MSBUILD. The build number doesn't have any change.
But, when I build this project on IDE, the build number automatically
increases. Please help me to solve this problem. Thanks.

Re:How to auto-increment the build number by command line build with MSBUILD?

In article < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
"AlexLin" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
I create a simple build machine by batch file. I turn on the "Auto-increment
build nymber" option of the project and build it on command line with
MSBUILD. The build number doesn't have any change.
But, when I build this project on IDE, the build number automatically
increases. Please help me to solve this problem. Thanks.
It wouldn't be compatible with the IDE setting, but you could create
a pre-build action to increment a counter that is used in generating a
.rc file. You could also do so with an MSBuild targets file. here are
some examples of things that can be done with targets files.
<msbuildtasks.tigris.org/>
--
David Dean (CodeGear)
Lead C++ QA Engineer