ASCII character

2003-10-31 02:26:17 AM
cppbuilder21
How can I get the ascii code from a string?
TIA
Don

Re:ASCII character

"Don" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
How can I get the ascii code from a string?
Your question is too vague. Please provide an example. A "string" in an
array of characters. Are you, by chance, wanting to find the code for a
particular character only? If so, then simply assign/cast the character to
an int to get its ASCII code.
Gambit

Re:ASCII character

"Don" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
How can I get the ascii code from a string?
ASCII is an encoding for 128 characters, i.e. it maps 128 characters to
integral values in the range 0..127. There isn't even an ASCII code for each
character you can use in a C++ programs, let alone for an entire string.
What problem do you try to solve?

{smallsort}