Load Image with LoadResource

2006-07-15 07:03:56 PM
cppbuilder25
Hi to Everybody.
It's my first post. I try use alphabitmaps in a RC File, but Borland
Resource Compiler say "Invalid bitmap format".
I think on other possibility, load the bitmap how LoadResource.
I have borland c++ 5.
If have a rc file:
test IMAGE "test.bmp" <- testbmp is a 32bits AlphaBitmap
How can load this bitmap using LoadResource and Get the properly handle for
paint ???
Anybody have a easy and little sample ?????
Thank you very much,
David

Re:Load Image with LoadResource

Hi!
Thanks i resolved!
:-)
"David Carbon" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >escribi?en el mensaje

David Carbon wrote:
It's my first post. I try use alphabitmaps in a RC File, but Borland
Resource Compiler say "Invalid bitmap format".
I think on other possibility, load the bitmap how LoadResource.

I have borland c++ 5.

If have a rc file:

test IMAGE "test.bmp" <- testbmp is a 32bits AlphaBitmap

How can load this bitmap using LoadResource and Get the properly handle for
paint ???
You might look at this
www.codeguru.com/cpp/w-d/dislog/splashscreens/article.php/c5023/
Which seems to imply this usage:
test BITMAP "test.bmp"
alpha BITMAP "alpha.bmp"
hTest = LoadBitmap( hInstance, "test");
hAlpha = LoadBitmap( hInstance, "alpha");

{smallsort}

Re:Load Image with LoadResource

for what it is worth, i have had nothing but hassels using both borland
resource workshop and VC++ for creating resource files with high resolution
bitmap and 32-bit colour / XP icons with alpha masking - the only package i
could find that handeled all these was ResourceBuilder from SiComponets.
HTH
Mike C
"David Carbon" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Hi to Everybody.