Getting physical drives from substituted partitioned raided

2008-02-25 02:05:48 PM
cppbuilder66
Hi folks,
I have three hard disks on my PC
2 of em are in a RAID1 arrangement. (C:)
1 is stand alone (G:)
and
I have a drive letter F: created via a sub command
I run as a service on start DRIVEF.BAT whose source is
subst f: c:\Dev
See, all my batch files I use for archiving was originally
setup as drive F on and older PC, so I place my entire
Development environment in a Path c:\dev..
ANYWAY!...
I am writing this sorting application and I think I can get
better performance if I do asynchronous writes to temp paths
on each accessible drives HOWEVER!.....
I need to know which drives are physically independent of one another.
Imagine now that my drive c: also has a partition H:, then C: and H:
and F: are all physically be the same. Making temporary writes to all
three will be useless. SO!.... (finally)
How can I truly get a reflection of which drives letters I can use
that will represent all the physically accessible drives independent
of one another (not including CDROM/Floppy).
Thanks for reading folks!

Re:Getting physical drives from substituted partitioned raided

Colin B Maharaj wrote:
How can I truly get a reflection of which drives letters I can use
that will represent all the physically accessible drives independent
of one another (not including CDROM/Floppy).
Answer should be in DeviceIoControl()
Thinking IOCTL_DISK_GET_PARTITION_INFO
And IOCTL_DISK_GET_DRIVE_LAYOUT
Along with GetLogicalDriveStrings()