Help for a new user

2003-11-15 01:55:04 AM
cppbuilder8
Hello, I am a CS student. I am currently taking a C++ class in which one of the labs is to compile code using two different compilers. Untill this point, I have always used MS Visual Studio.net. I downloaded the trial of Borland C++ Builder. It looks pretty good, however I don't know where to go from here. I can import the code, and I've tried the run command. It appears to have compiled... it makes a .exe file, but when I run the .exe file, nothing happens. It's like it compiled to nothing. Any suggestions on where to read on how to get it to work, or any suggestions on what to do would be greatly appreciated. If a reply could be sent directly, that would also be appreciated. XXXX@XXXXX.COM

Re:Help for a new user

If the program is a console mode program, a text mode program which starts
at the function main, then the program says to open a console window when it
runs and Windows will close that window when it has finished running. If
you either place a breakpoint on the return statement in main or put
getchar(); on the last line prior to that return statement then the program
will stop at that point and the the console window will be open because the
program has not yet finished running.
. Ed
news:3fb52508$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...