How is the Borland's business going?

2005-03-25 06:53:59 PM
cppbuilder23
1* Imagine a company that become famous by supplying many "nice-looking"
(Delphi, BCB, C#, JBuilder, Together, Kylix, BuilderX,....) products with
virtually no real support.
2* Imagine the same company dropped some of their product lines
(offifically -Kylix, BCB,...-, or unofficially -Together,BulderX,...).
3* Imagine the same company promised to relase new bug fixes and new
relases of one of their main product (BCB) and keep saying the same story
for many years without any real action
4* I am sure you can add many more entries to this list.
How in this world, a company with this many hick-ups still able to oparate?
(Or do they?)

Re:How is the Borland's business going?

Hi!
Its a mirracle.
Regards!
Atmapuri

<Hugo Paxle>wrote:
1* Imagine a company that become famous by supplying many
"nice-looking" (Delphi, BCB, C#, JBuilder, Together, Kylix,
BuilderX,....) products with virtually no real support.
You'd need a lot of imagination. <g>
Borland is doing fine, AFAICT.
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] rvelthuis.bei.t-online.de
"Silence is argument carried out by other means."

{smallsort}

Re:How is the Borland's business going?

I am willing to buy at least 5 copies of next version of BCB for our
company. Hopefully that will help a little bit. Go Borland go! Viva ala C++
builder!
Dave
--

"Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message news:xn0e06fwm7keaan00nrudys-toshiba@www.teamb.com...
<Hugo Paxle>wrote:

>1* Imagine a company that become famous by supplying many
>"nice-looking" (Delphi, BCB, C#, JBuilder, Together, Kylix,
>BuilderX,....) products with virtually no real support.

You'd need a lot of imagination. <g>

Borland is doing fine, AFAICT.
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] rvelthuis.bei.t-online.de

"Silence is argument carried out by other means."
-- Ernesto "Che" Guevara (1928-1967)
Rudy, I wasn't going to jump in this thread but I found that
your tag line was curiously apropos <g>

Re:How is the Borland's business going?

Borland operate successfully by being better than Microsoft.
But they will fail if they spend money and skill supporting product
lines which no longer sell well.
Help the product you love - buy more!
I just bought C++ Builder and I'm loving it.