Re: C+Builder 2007 info and trial download

2007-06-14 03:57:29 AM
cppbuilder98
"Duane Hebert" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
>>Does the current version of BDS IDE even have
>>a find in files function? ISTR having to use grep from the command
>>line for that. I could be wrong though.
>
>I don't know. If it doesn't, that's embarrassing.

Just to be fair, the version of C++ Turbo that
I have does have a "find in files" search option.
It doesn't have a replace in files option AFAICS.

It also has a "refractor" menu item that looks like
Seems that my spell checker got overly
zealous with "refactor"

Re:Re: C+Builder 2007 info and trial download

In article <466f6fd8$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
"Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Here's the URL for that old BDN article.

dn.codegear.com/article/29080/

As usual, you'd never find it in a million years using the CDN search
(especially not if you search for obvious things like "plum hall"), but
it's right there at the top with Google site search (eye roll).

Evidently those results were made available via an old CGI application.
I wonder if that even exists anymore or if it does how easy it would
be to get it running again.
Thank you very much for this info. Now I just have to get around to
writing a new article. ;)
--
-David Dean
CodeGear C++ QA Engineer

Chris Uzdavinis (TeamB) < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
"Hendrik Schober" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:

>Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB] < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>>[many wise words]
>
>However, since CB2007 still fails to compile boost
>out of the box (which VC accomplished years ago),
>there seem to be some rather serious bugs left.

It depends on how you measure things. If the Boost developers test
against VC++ before committing code to Boost, then that compiler
enjoys support immediately. Since BCB is not used as much by Boost
developers, it's natural that they don't test against it, build
support around shortcomings, or find alternate implementations. [...]
MS has gone to making boost compile with all
workarounds turned off a few years ago.
Schobi
--
XXXX@XXXXX.COM is never read
I'm HSchober at gmx dot de

{smallsort}

Re:Re: C+Builder 2007 info and trial download

Tim:
I can't download the trial version as the page:
downloads.codegear.com/survey.aspx
is not available.
Thanks,
MartinH.
Tim Del Chiaro (CodeGear) escribi?
C++Builder 2007 information including the product descriptions, data sheet,
feature matrix and FAQ are now available at
www.codegear.com/products/cppbuilder

A trial edition is available from
www.codegear.com/downloads/free/cppbuilder

C++Builder 2007 should be available to purchase from our online shop sites
later today.

Thanks for your support of C++Builder and we hope you enjoy the new version.

Tim

Re:Re: C+Builder 2007 info and trial download

In article <467656ae$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
"Hendrik Schober" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
MS has gone to making boost compile with all
workarounds turned off a few years ago.
We're actually spending a fair amount of effort to back out the
workarounds. FWIW, MS still doesn't pass *every* test either.
--
-David Dean
CodeGear C++ QA Engineer

Re:Re: C+Builder 2007 info and trial download

Dennis Cote wrote:
[...]
One of the principal claims for the new version is improved Boost
compatibility. Can you tell us if the Boost libraries (at least those
that do work with C++ Builder) can be built using a default install of
C++ Builder (i.e. with the programs installed under C:/Program Files/)?
I just released a new version of bcbboost, which makes it possible to
use Boost 1.34.0 with C++ Builder 2007. You may find it here:
bcbboost.sourceforge.net .
Cheers,
Nicola
--
Nicola Musatti
Team Azzurro

David Dean [CodeGear] < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
In article <467656ae$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
"Hendrik Schober" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

>MS has gone to making boost compile with all
>workarounds turned off a few years ago.

We're actually spending a fair amount of effort to back out the
workarounds.
Just locally change <boost/config/select_compiler_config.hpp>.
FWIW, MS still doesn't pass *every* test either.
Of course they don't. (And I hope they implement 2-
phase lookup Real Sonn[TM]). But they have put in a
lot of effort into letting me compile boost out of
the box and it showed.
Schobi
--
XXXX@XXXXX.COM is never read
I'm HSchober at gmx dot de
"My hope is that if more people start reading books,
the world will become a better place."
froarulv in afp

Re:Re: C+Builder 2007 info and trial download

In article <466f6fd8$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
"Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Evidently those results were made available via an old CGI application.
I wonder if that even exists anymore or if it does how easy it would
be to get it running again.
Thanks again for the references. I hope to get into the meaty details
soon.
--
-David Dean
CodeGear C++ QA Engineer

David Dean [CodeGear] wrote:
Thanks again for the references. I hope to get into the meaty details
soon.
John Kaster was the one working on publishing those old Plum Hall
results way back when. I'd suggest using him as a starting point for
your search.
--
Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]

Re:Re: C+Builder 2007 info and trial download

In article <46978689$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
"Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
John Kaster was the one working on publishing those old Plum Hall
results way back when. I'd suggest using him as a starting point for
your search.
He's exactly who I talked to about it yesterday. 8-)
--
-David Dean
CodeGear C++ QA Engineer