Error Messages

2003-10-30 05:06:09 AM
cppbuilder5
Hello Everyone,
I have a program (Borland 5.02) which is producing an 'Illegal
Operation' error on
someone else's far-away machine. I can not reproduce that error on
mine. Can I
compile in anyway to get a more helpful error message from the remote
machine? Maybe just a line number ?
Greeting to all
Georges

Re:Error Messages

"Jayme Jeffman Filho" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I'd like to know if is there any way of avoid the stops when the program
raises an exception.
What are you referring to exactly? If you mean application code throwing
exceptions, you just have to put try...catch blocks into your code to catch
the exceptions.
Gambit

Re:Error Messages

Hello,
I'd like to know if is there any way of avoid the stops when the program raises an exception.
Is there any #pragma parameter that could be set ?
Thanks a lot
Jayme

{smallsort}

Re:Error Messages

Hi Remy,
How've been doing ?
As a matter of fact I'm using try-catch blocks, but I need to run the application on the IDE to catch some bugs and the try-catch blocks are raising too many exceptions and I'd like not to have them in debug mode.
TIA.
Jayme.

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>I'd like to know if is there any way of avoid the stops when the program
raises an exception.

What are you referring to exactly? If you mean application code throwing
exceptions, you just have to put try...catch blocks into your code to catch
the exceptions.

Gambit

Re:Error Messages

Jayme,
Do you want to prevent the integrated de{*word*81} from stopping on certain
exceptions? If so, then you do that via Tools | De{*word*81} Options...
-- YH --

Re:Error Messages

"Jayme Jeffman Filho" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
As a matter of fact I'm using try-catch blocks, but I need to
run the application on the IDE to catch some bugs and the
try-catch blocks are raising too many exceptions and I'd
like not to have them in debug mode.
Simply go into the De{*word*81}'s preferences and add/disable the exceptions you
want it to ignore.
Gambit