IDE slows down for ActiveX

When I'm working on ActiveX projects I find that the IDE
keeps pausing for the longest time while I'm editing the code.
Does anyone else get this problem? What's causing it?

My project is just an EXE host and a DLL plugin, each
supporting a single interface.

Thanks.

Arnold the Aardvark
===========================
http://www.foxholly.demon.co.uk
ICQ# 30592054
Don't miss the Birmingham Circus Convention's return on 29 April 2000.

Re:IDE slows down for ActiveX

: "Arnold the Aardvark" <aardv...@foxholly.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>When I'm working on ActiveX projects I find that the IDE
>keeps pausing for the longest time while I'm editing the code.
>Does anyone else get this problem? What's causing it?

This problem is caused by the ActiveX probably having a huge header file.

There are two candidates:

a) CodeInsight
b) ClassExplorer [Live Parsing]

Try turning off one or the other (or both)

--
General information:
    * Do not cross- or multipost

(TeamB - http://www.teamb.com/)

Re:IDE slows down for ActiveX

Thanks. I half suspected the CodeInsight. I'll tinker.

Arnold the Aardvark
http://www.foxholly.demon.co.uk
ICQ# 30592054
Don't miss the Birmingham Circus Convention's return on 29 April 2000.

Other Threads