How do I create an ActiveX control from a ListView?

I need to create an ActiveX control that uses a listview
to present data. Seems I can't create an ActiveX control
from TListView...

Also, is there a way to create container type ActiveX
control like you can in VB? Not an ActiveDoc, but
container control?

+++ Rick ---

--

Rick Strahl
West Wind Technologies

http://www.west-wind.com/
Home of West Wind Web Connection
Making Waves on the Web with Visual FoxPro

Re:How do I create an ActiveX control from a ListView?

Just create a new ActiveForm and place List view control on it. That's
how I did it ( I have tree view, drop down boxes, ect.

Alex

Rick Strahl wrote:

> I need to create an ActiveX control that uses a listview
> to present data. Seems I can't create an ActiveX control
> from TListView...

> Also, is there a way to create container type ActiveX
> control like you can in VB? Not an ActiveDoc, but
> container control?

> +++ Rick ---

> --

> Rick Strahl
> West Wind Technologies
> Hood River, Oregon

> http://www.west-wind.com/
> Home of West Wind Web Connection
> Making Waves on the Web with Visual FoxPro

Re:How do I create an ActiveX control from a ListView?

I'm not sure exactly what an ActiveForm is. I tried that but it builds
with title bar etc. which is not what I want.

What is an ActiveForm anyway? An ActiveDoc, or just an ActiveX container.
I've been trying to figure this out from the abysmal documentation.

Borland: If you put features in, it might be a good idea to document
that stuff!

+++ Rick ---

--

Alex Bakaev [TeamB] wrote in message <3544D103.A2E60...@jetsuite.com>...
>Just create a new ActiveForm and place List view control on it. That's
>how I did it ( I have tree view, drop down boxes, ect.

>Alex

>Rick Strahl wrote:

>> I need to create an ActiveX control that uses a listview
>> to present data. Seems I can't create an ActiveX control
>> from TListView...

>> Also, is there a way to create container type ActiveX
>> control like you can in VB? Not an ActiveDoc, but
>> container control?

>> +++ Rick ---

>> --

>> Rick Strahl
>> West Wind Technologies
>> Hood River, Oregon

>> http://www.west-wind.com/
>> Home of West Wind Web Connection
>> Making Waves on the Web with Visual FoxPro

Re:How do I create an ActiveX control from a ListView?

An ActiveForm is a C++Builder application wrapped in an ActiveX container
so that it can be hosted in any ActiveX environment like VB, Delphi, or
more importantly, Internet Explorer. So when you compile your application
you get an OCX instead of an EXE. The web deployment features will
automatically wrap up the OCX in an HTML page, CAB compress and code sign
the ActiveX and publish everything to your web server, so the users of your
application can run the UI from their web browser by pointing IE at the web
page. Pretty slick stuff.

-Michael Swindell
C++Builder Product Manager
Inprise Corp.

Rick Strahl <rstr...@west-wind.com> wrote in article
<6itl67$...@forums.borland.com>...

> I'm not sure exactly what an ActiveForm is. I tried that but it builds
> with title bar etc. which is not what I want.

> What is an ActiveForm anyway? An ActiveDoc, or just an ActiveX container.
> I've been trying to figure this out from the abysmal documentation.

> Borland: If you put features in, it might be a good idea to document
> that stuff!

> +++ Rick ---

> --

> Rick Strahl
> West Wind Technologies
> Hood River, Oregon

> http://www.west-wind.com/
> Home of West Wind Web Connection
> Making Waves on the Web with Visual FoxPro

> Alex Bakaev [TeamB] wrote in message <3544D103.A2E60...@jetsuite.com>...
> >Just create a new ActiveForm and place List view control on it. That's
> >how I did it ( I have tree view, drop down boxes, ect.

> >Alex

> >Rick Strahl wrote:

> >> I need to create an ActiveX control that uses a listview
> >> to present data. Seems I can't create an ActiveX control
> >> from TListView...

> >> Also, is there a way to create container type ActiveX
> >> control like you can in VB? Not an ActiveDoc, but
> >> container control?

> >> +++ Rick ---

> >> --

> >> Rick Strahl
> >> West Wind Technologies
> >> Hood River, Oregon

> >> http://www.west-wind.com/
> >> Home of West Wind Web Connection
> >> Making Waves on the Web with Visual FoxPro

Re:How do I create an ActiveX control from a ListView?

Thanks Michael,

I suppose I could figure this out on my own if I could get
it to work...

I've built an ActiveForm but it won't load in either
IE4 (it installs the CAB I created, but fails to load
the form) or Visual FoxPro (Inappropriate license even
though I built with Desgin Time License).

I would really like to get this to work, but at this time
I am only disappointed by BCB's COM/ActiveX features.

Shame - cause the interface for all of this stuff is about
the best I have seen.

+++ Rick ---

--

Michael Swindell (Inprise) wrote in message

<01bd7a22$52c71f20$6d5ab...@horton.borland.com>...
>An ActiveForm is a C++Builder application wrapped in an ActiveX container
>so that it can be hosted in any ActiveX environment like VB, Delphi, or
>more importantly, Internet Explorer. So when you compile your application
>you get an OCX instead of an EXE. The web deployment features will
>automatically wrap up the OCX in an HTML page, CAB compress and code sign
>the ActiveX and publish everything to your web server, so the users of your
>application can run the UI from their web browser by pointing IE at the web
>page. Pretty slick stuff.

>-Michael Swindell
>C++Builder Product Manager
>Inprise Corp.

>Rick Strahl <rstr...@west-wind.com> wrote in article
><6itl67$...@forums.borland.com>...
>> I'm not sure exactly what an ActiveForm is. I tried that but it builds
>> with title bar etc. which is not what I want.

>> What is an ActiveForm anyway? An ActiveDoc, or just an ActiveX container.
>> I've been trying to figure this out from the abysmal documentation.

>> Borland: If you put features in, it might be a good idea to document
>> that stuff!

>> +++ Rick ---

>> --

>> Rick Strahl
>> West Wind Technologies
>> Hood River, Oregon

>> http://www.west-wind.com/
>> Home of West Wind Web Connection
>> Making Waves on the Web with Visual FoxPro

>> Alex Bakaev [TeamB] wrote in message <3544D103.A2E60...@jetsuite.com>...
>> >Just create a new ActiveForm and place List view control on it. That's
>> >how I did it ( I have tree view, drop down boxes, ect.

>> >Alex

Other Threads