Losing Brush styles when printing under Windows 2000.

Hi,

I can print brush styles like bsFDiagonal, bsCross etc under windows 98.  I
have NOT been successful getting these brush styles to print under windows
2000.  I have tried 3 differnet windows 2000 systems using 4 different
printers.  Lines with Pen widths greater than one are printing out as WHITE.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Larry Griffiths
Adams Business Forms Inc.

Re:Losing Brush styles when printing under Windows 2000.

This solution is brought to you by Joe Hecht's TExcellent products,
solving Form.Print and bitmap printing problems. Joe Hecht's TExcellent
products can be found at: http://www.code4sale.com/joehecht

Brush styles are not guarenteed when printing. Often, the patterns
used (8 x 8) blend together at high resolutions, and appear to
the eye as a solid color. Solid pens should work, providing
you are using the correct solid color. Do not forget that
colors other than balck or white will map to the nearest color
on the device, with roughly half the possible colors mapping
to white.

Joe

"Larry Griffiths" <lar...@adamsbusinessforms.com> wrote in message

> Hi,

> I can print brush styles like bsFDiagonal, bsCross etc under windows 98.
> have NOT been successful getting these brush styles to print under windows
> 2000.  I have tried 3 differnet windows 2000 systems using 4 different
> printers.  Lines with Pen widths greater than one are printing out as
WHITE.

> Any ideas?

> Thanks in advance.

> Larry Griffiths
> Adams Business Forms Inc.

Re:Losing Brush styles when printing under Windows 2000.

Thanks Joe,

I upgraded the drivers on our 5si.  We are getting brush styles now but they
are poorly done.  It looks like this has been a driver issue all along.  We
could only get an HP driver for one of our 4 printers to fix this.
Looks like we can expect to get lots of calls from our customers when they
use our product if they are using HP printers under Windows 2000.

Larry.

"Joe C. Hecht" <joehe...@code4sale.com> wrote in message

> This solution is brought to you by Joe Hecht's TExcellent products,
> solving Form.Print and bitmap printing problems. Joe Hecht's TExcellent
> products can be found at: http://www.code4sale.com/joehecht

> Brush styles are not guarenteed when printing. Often, the patterns
> used (8 x 8) blend together at high resolutions, and appear to
> the eye as a solid color. Solid pens should work, providing
> you are using the correct solid color. Do not forget that
> colors other than balck or white will map to the nearest color
> on the device, with roughly half the possible colors mapping
> to white.

> Joe

> "Larry Griffiths" <lar...@adamsbusinessforms.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,

> > I can print brush styles like bsFDiagonal, bsCross etc under windows 98.
> > have NOT been successful getting these brush styles to print under
windows
> > 2000.  I have tried 3 differnet windows 2000 systems using 4 different
> > printers.  Lines with Pen widths greater than one are printing out as
> WHITE.

> > Any ideas?

> > Thanks in advance.

> > Larry Griffiths