Images on speedbuttons and tree views don't show!

We have an Application with a number of speed buttons and a tree view
with bitmaps in the nodes.

On some of our customers machines these does not show!

How come?
(They show on our machines.)

/Kjell-Olov H?gdahl

Re:Images on speedbuttons and tree views don't show!

You need to install an updated version of MS's 'COMCTL32' dll. Older
versions of Win95 don't properly support the newer control types. Can't
remember the exact reason, but the images aren't displayed by the older
DLL.

Check out this link:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q186/1/76.ASP .

Do me a favor, will you? You now know as much as I on this subject. I
haven't written an install program yet that corrects the problem myself.
Once you figure it out, tell me:

How do you determine the current rev on a given machine, in order to
avoid over-writing a newer revision than the one you want to install? Is
is taken care of inside the Microsoft installation program, or do you
have to do it yourself? And if so, how?

Let me know, would you? Thanks!

Dave R

> We have an Application with a number of speed buttons and a tree view
> with bitmaps in the nodes.

> On some of our customers machines these does not show!

> How come?
> (They show on our machines.)

> /Kjell-Olov H?gdahl

Other Threads