Label component gets hidden behind frame component

2004-05-18 10:10:57 PM
cppbuilder105
Hi All!,
I have put the frame on my component palette as given in Borland help.The
frame appears in the component palette.
Now i start a new application and put this frame on it.
I now start putting my controls on this frame.I face a problem when i put
the label control it gets hidden by the frame control, with other controls
such as edit boxes and buttons it is working fine i am not understanding why
it is not working with the label control.
Thanks to all of you,
Elizabeth

Re:Label component gets hidden behind frame component

Elizabeth wrote:
Hi All!,

I have put the frame on my component palette as given in Borland help.The
frame appears in the component palette.
Now i start a new application and put this frame on it.
I now start putting my controls on this frame.I face a problem when i put
the label control it gets hidden by the frame control, with other controls
such as edit boxes and buttons it is working fine i am not understanding why
it is not working with the label control.

You can't place other controls on a Frame instance. They will end up on
the Form (or what's there) below the Frame, and some will be visible
"through" the Frame, some not.
I think you can use TStaticText instead of TLabel in this case.
--
Per Johansson

"Elizabeth" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I face a problem when i put the label control it gets
hidden by the frame control, with other controls such
as edit boxes and buttons it is working fine i am not
understanding why it is not working with the label control.
TLabel is not a windowed control. It does not derive from TWinControl, but
from TGraphicControl instead.
Gambit

{smallsort}