GIFImage.hpp for BCB6.0

2005-09-07 05:07:50 PM
cppbuilder84
Hello,
I have an old BCB5 project that worked well with the GIFImage class.
When trying to compile the same project in BCB6.0 I get the following error
when trying to include
#include "GIFImage.hpp"
->error: Unable to include file "GIFImage.hpp"
It has been I while since I used this project so I can not recall what I did
to install the GIF component under BCB5 where it does work.
Any help is largely appreciated
Bob

Re:GIFImage.hpp for BCB6.0

bob wrote:
#include "GIFImage.hpp"

->error: Unable to include file "GIFImage.hpp"

It has been I while since I used this project so I can not recall what I did
to install the GIF component under BCB5 where it does work.
Your problem has to do with how the IDE works. So you better had asked in
borland.public.cppbuilder.ide
GIFImage.hpp is not found by the compiler. So find out where it is on your
harddisk and then add the path to it under
Project | Options... | Directories/Conditionals | Include path.
Hans.

Re:GIFImage.hpp for BCB6.0

Hans,
You're right about the path.
The real problem is that when I include the path i get the error:
[C++ Error] GIFImage.hpp(378): E2316 'TRect' is not a member of 'Windows'
which refers to following line
__fastcall TGIFPainter(TGIFImage* AImage, Graphics::TCanvas* ACanvas, const
Windows::TRect &ARect,
TGIFDrawOptions Options);
I'm very sure I didn't have this error before
Bob
"Hans Galema" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
bob wrote:

>#include "GIFImage.hpp"
>
>->error: Unable to include file "GIFImage.hpp"
>
>It has been I while since I used this project so I can not recall what I
>did to install the GIF component under BCB5 where it does work.

Your problem has to do with how the IDE works. So you better had asked in
borland.public.cppbuilder.ide

GIFImage.hpp is not found by the compiler. So find out where it is on your
harddisk and then add the path to it under
Project | Options... | Directories/Conditionals | Include path.

Hans.

{smallsort}

Re:GIFImage.hpp for BCB6.0

bob wrote:
... i get the error:

[C++ Error] GIFImage.hpp(378): E2316 'TRect' is not a member of 'Windows'

which refers to following line

__fastcall TGIFPainter(TGIFImage* AImage, Graphics::TCanvas* ACanvas, const
Windows::TRect &ARect,
TGIFDrawOptions Options);
Try:
__fastcall TGIFPainter(TGIFImage* AImage, Graphics::TCanvas* ACanvas, const
TRect &ARect,
TGIFDrawOptions Options);
Hans.

Re:GIFImage.hpp for BCB6.0