ACSII characters

2003-09-10 04:53:20 AM
cppbuilder93
Often in my programs I have to list out instructions for the
operator, like <arrow>up/down/left/right, page up/down, etc.
That uses up valuable space.
What about actual pictures? Thereby using only 4 spaces, instead
of . . . what is it, 27 spaces. My wordprocessor, Scripsit pro,
uses pictures of arrows for their instructions.
Iíve searched all the ASCII codes from 0-1000, but canít find
one presentable arrow - the entire Greek alphabet, (would anyone
ever use these?) but not ONE presentable arrow. Do you know
something about this? What about writing them myself? I know you
can do some pretty amazing things with Borland C++.

Re:ACSII characters

Rob C. wrote:
operator, like <arrow>up/down/left/right, page up/down, etc.

Iíve searched all the ASCII codes from 0-1000, but canít find
one presentable arrow - the entire Greek alphabet, (would anyone
ever use these?) but not ONE presentable arrow.
try decimal numbers 16, 17,30,31, 24, 25, 26, 27
as in
char msg[] = {'U','s','e',' ','t','h','e', 24,25,26,27," keys"};