Bug in method List of component TNMFTP

2006-05-05 05:25:35 PM
cppbuilder21
If you have a space sing ('0x20`) in the filename on the
ftpserverm the method List () doesn't works correct:
I find the first part of the filename in the string of the
Example: filename "Widder Hotel.doc"
After reading the direcory - OnListItem:
:009D29F8 "-rw-r--r-- 1 ftp ftp 19456 May 5 10:57 Widder Hotel.doc"
Results:
FTPDirectoryList->name->Strings[i]= :009D2A4C "Hotel.doc"
FTPDirectoryList->ModifDate->Strings[i] = :009BC4E0 "5 10:57 Widder"
What can I do?
Udo Pasternak

Re:Bug in method List of component TNMFTP

Udo Pasternak wrote:
Example: filename "Widder Hotel.doc"
You could have posted actual code for the filename.
Did you put quotes around the filename ?
AnsiString FileName = "Widder Hotel.doc";
And with quotes:
AnsiString FileName = "\"Widder Hotel.doc\"";
Hans.

"Udo Pasternak" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
If you have a space sing ('0x20`) in the filename on the
ftpserverm the method List () doesn't works correct:
The NetMaster components are notoriously buggy. I highly recommend NOT
using them at all. You shold switch to another component, such as the FTP
client in Indy (www.indyproject.org) or ICS (www.overbyte.be)
instead.
Gambit

{smallsort}

Re:Bug in method List of component TNMFTP

The NetMaster components are notoriously buggy. I highly recommend NOT
using them at all. You shold switch to another component, such as the FTP
client in Indy (www.indyproject.org) or ICS (www.overbyte.be)
instead.
I'll second that, despite having used them for years, and getting good service
out of them. Several program changes later, and the thing will crash badly,
and you'll have no idea why. Use the ICS ones if you are good with
source/header files, and Indy if you want some hand-holding.
--
Mark Jacobs
DK Computing