Directory is busy?

2003-12-03 03:33:20 PM
cppbuilder112
Hello,
I write two applications and run them together on a PC and read/write the
same databse files and C:\. Sometimes when a program is crashed and
killed(the other program is still running), then I try to re-start that
program again, but it will prompt "Directory is busy" message when it tries
to open a Session or something related to database access. I need to close
the other program as well before I can start that program.
Is there anyone knows the reason??
Thank you.
Danny

Re:Directory is busy?

"danny" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Hello,

I write two applications and run them together on a PC and read/write the
same databse files and C:\. Sometimes when a program is crashed and
killed(the other program is still running), then I try to re-start that
program again, but it will prompt "Directory is busy" message when it tries
to open a Session or something related to database access. I need to close
the other program as well before I can start that program.

Is there anyone knows the reason??

Thank you.

Danny

Hi Danny
As long as i can recall it was related with dangling
*.net and *.lck files.
If the BDE doesn't shutdown properly and those files
aren't deleted you'll see the 'Directory Busy' Message
Check
www.elists.org/pipermail/delphi-db/2000-December/002869.html
HTH
Antonio