Formula One Spreadsheet Control

2005-06-10 12:34:00 AM
cppbuilder39
I do not seem to be able to use NumberRC(int,int) property to access or set the value of a cell in the Formula One control. I also can not use EntryRC(int,int), with the integers representing row and column numbers, to perform this task. This appears to be contrary to the help file provided by the developers of Formula One and included on the Borland Builder 6.0 CD-ROM. The Formula One developers informed me that they do not support this product any longer, and that Borland may have altered the program in a manner that accounts for what appears to be an inconsistency between the developer's version 3.0 help file and the Borland product. I need to accomplish the following:
1. Programmatically access numerical data entered by the user in the spreadsheet.
2. Determine how many rows have data entered by the user.
3. Confirm that the user has entered data in an equal number of rows in each of two columns.
4. Confirm that the data entered is numerical and in the proper range.
If I can access a specified cell programatically, I can accomplish the other goals on my own. I mention them only because there may be capabilities built into the ActiveX control that will save me the trouble of searching through the columns, of which an expert user may be aware.
Thank you in advance for any assistance that you can provide.

Re:Formula One Spreadsheet Control

Del Ventruella wrote:
[...]

Formula One exists as an active X control (ocx). The BCB import
mechanism generates a wrapper around the control, so some BCBisms don't
show up in the help file that is geared towards Visual Basic.
Look for the include files VCF1?_OCX.h and VCF1?_TLB.h for the exact
syntax necessary to call into the spreadsheet. In particular, you'll
notice that EntryRC is defined by the line
__property BSTR EntryRC[long nRow][long nCol]={ read=Get_EntryRC,
write=Set_EntryRC };
so you'll have to use the array access notation, e.g. ss->EntryRC[1][1].
Good luck
Paul