CheckBox on top of form

2006-06-01 05:53:50 PM
cppbuilder75
Hello
I have a form, where the property FormStyle is set to AlwaysOnTop.
On the form there is a checkbox, when the checkbox is opened, it opens behind the form.
How do I solve this problem?
Thanks
Kresten Tolstrup

Re:CheckBox on top of form

"Kresten Tolstrup" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

Hello

I have a form, where the property FormStyle is set to AlwaysOnTop.
On the form there is a checkbox, when the checkbox is opened, it
opens behind the form.
How do I solve this problem?

A child control can't be behind it's parent window. What's probably
happening is that you have a group box or panel that is covering up
the control. Highlight the checkbox in the property editor and select
Edit|Bring To Front.
--
Bruce

Re:CheckBox on top of form

news:447eb92e$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>I have a form, where the property FormStyle is set to AlwaysOnTop.
>On the form there is a checkbox, when the checkbox is opened, it
>opens behind the form.
>How do I solve this problem?

A child control can't be behind it's parent window. What's probably
happening is that you have a group box or panel that is covering up
the control. Highlight the checkbox in the property editor and select
Edit|Bring To Front.

--
Bruce

First, it is a ComboBox, not a checkbox, I'm sorry.
I have now tried "Bring to front" but it doesn't help.
It is a small form, and when I open the combobox, I can only see the items that is below the form, the other part is behind the form. If I set the FormStyle to normal, then the combobox is working normal.
Any new ideas?
Kresten

{smallsort}

Re:CheckBox on top of form

What version of the compiler are you using and what patches are applied to
it?
"Kresten Tolstrup" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

" Bruce Salzman" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

>"Kresten Tolstrup" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
>news:447eb92e$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>>
>>I have a form, where the property FormStyle is set to AlwaysOnTop.
>>On the form there is a checkbox, when the checkbox is opened, it
>>opens behind the form.
>>How do I solve this problem?
>>

>A child control can't be behind it's parent window. What's probably
>happening is that you have a group box or panel that is covering up
>the control. Highlight the checkbox in the property editor and select
>Edit|Bring To Front.
>
>--
>Bruce
>
>First, it is a ComboBox, not a checkbox, I'm sorry.
I have now tried "Bring to front" but it doesn't help.
It is a small form, and when I open the combobox, I can only see the items
that is below the form, the other part is behind the form. If I set the
FormStyle to normal, then the combobox is working normal.
Any new ideas?
Kresten

Re:CheckBox on top of form

I'm using professional 6.0 (build 1.0.166) and
bcb6_eng_pro_upd4.

news:44854048$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>" Bruce Salzman" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>>
>>"Kresten Tolstrup" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
>>news:447eb92e$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>>>
>>>I have a form, where the property FormStyle is set to AlwaysOnTop.
>>>On the form there is a checkbox, when the checkbox is opened, it
>>>opens behind the form.
>>>How do I solve this problem?
>>>

>>A child control can't be behind it's parent window. What's probably
>>happening is that you have a group box or panel that is covering up
>>the control. Highlight the checkbox in the property editor and select
>>Edit|Bring To Front.
>>
>>--
>>Bruce
>>
>>First, it is a ComboBox, not a checkbox, I'm sorry.
>I have now tried "Bring to front" but it doesn't help.
>It is a small form, and when I open the combobox, I can only see the items
>that is below the form, the other part is behind the form. If I set the
>FormStyle to normal, then the combobox is working normal.
>Any new ideas?
>Kresten

Re:CheckBox on top of form

Have you tried deleting that component and dropping another one like it on
the form to see if you get the same results?
"Kresten Tolstrup" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

I'm using professional 6.0 (build 1.0.166) and
bcb6_eng_pro_upd4.

"Larry Griffiths" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>What version of the compiler are you using and what patches are applied to
>it?
>

>"Kresten Tolstrup" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
>news:44854048$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>>
>>" Bruce Salzman" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>>>
>>>"Kresten Tolstrup" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
>>>news:447eb92e$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>>>A child control can't be behind it's parent window. What's probably
>>>happening is that you have a group box or panel that is covering up
>>>the control. Highlight the checkbox in the property editor and select
>>>Edit|Bring To Front.
>>>
>>>--
>>>Bruce
>>>
>>>First, it is a ComboBox, not a checkbox, I'm sorry.
>>I have now tried "Bring to front" but it doesn't help.
>>It is a small form, and when I open the combobox, I can only see the
>>items
>>that is below the form, the other part is behind the form. If I set the
>>FormStyle to normal, then the combobox is working normal.
>>Any new ideas?
>>Kresten

Re:CheckBox on top of form

Yes, I have changed the formStyle to StayOnTop, and then added a new combobox, but it is the same result.

news:44858a3b$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>I'm using professional 6.0 (build 1.0.166) and
>bcb6_eng_pro_upd4.
>
>"Larry Griffiths" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>>What version of the compiler are you using and what patches are applied to
>>it?
>>

>>"Kresten Tolstrup" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
>>news:44854048$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>>>I have now tried "Bring to front" but it doesn't help.
>>>It is a small form, and when I open the combobox, I can only see the
>>>items
>>>that is below the form, the other part is behind the form. If I set the
>>>FormStyle to normal, then the combobox is working normal.
>>>Any new ideas?
>>>Kresten

Re:CheckBox on top of form

If I start with a new project, then the ComboBox is also on top.
The project where I have problems, is created in Builder 3.0 I think, so there is clearly a discrepancy.