Great problem porting my applications!!

2004-05-05 04:53:28 PM
cppbuilder17
Hello Everybody!!:-)
I have a great problem that I've been experiencing since the first program
I've written with this great language:
My GUI applications seems to be "resized" when ported on other
computers(that is porting the exe itself , not rebuilding it on other
machine!)...
I've experienced that with all Windows versions since the '98, and with C++
Builder ver 5 and ver 6!!
Now I noticed that porting them on machines with the same video card type
(that is PC with NVidia video cards) I use on my computer, the problem does
not show!
I talked abot "resizing", but it something more odd: the components
sometimes seem not to fit anymore in the form so the form itself needs to
show the scroll bars, and the controls change their relative positions...
the problem seems to be stressed when I put components (i.e. a TButton)
over a TImage...
The only workaround I found is to write down the ratios between the
components Top and Left property and the form Width and Height, and setting
them in the OnShow Event Handler ... but of course when I put a lot of
components that becomes very tedious!!
Is there anyone who can help me??
Thank You very much in advance!!
Stefano B.

Re:Great problem porting my applications!!

Hi, Stefano,
My GUI applications seems to be "resized" when ported on other
computers(that is porting the exe itself , not rebuilding it on other
machine!)...
That typically happens, when the software is eigther designed on a
machine with "large-font-setting" (desktop-rightclick-settings) and then
used on one with normal fonts or the other way around.
Strategies to get around this have been published often. As far as I
remember, its best, to design with large fonts activated and set
"autosize" of all controls to false. That makes shure at least, that
everything fits into the forms.
But a search on groups.google might bring up better clues.
Good Luck
Michael

Re:Great problem porting my applications!!

Hi,
You should have a look at: www.bcbdev.com/faqs/faq96.htm
Best regards
Michael F. S. Christensen

{smallsort}

Re:Great problem porting my applications!!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

messaggio news:4098c5e2$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...