If hidden , CppWebBrowser sometimes not working

2005-11-16 09:40:42 AM
cppbuilder47
Hi
I have a hidden Form that contains CppWebBrowser component ( Form's Visible
set False ) . I want to connect to sites with it and do some automation job
. The strange is that sometimes CppWebbrowser wont connect to sites . But if
i Show() the form , it immediately connect and work . Could this because
CppWebBrowser is hidden ?
Thanks in advance for any help
bayufa

Re:If hidden , CppWebBrowser sometimes not working

"bayufa" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I have a hidden Form that contains CppWebBrowser component
( Form's Visible set False ) . I want to connect to sites with it and
do some automation job.
Using a hidden TCppWebBrowser is not a good way to do that. TCppWebBrowser
is a visual component. It is designed for visual usage. For automated
tasks that don't require user interaction, you would be better off
programming to the HTTP protocol directly instead. You can use Microsoft's
WinInet or WinHTTP APIs, or any number of third-party HTTP
components/libraries.
Gambit