TPanel events

2004-07-12 08:56:51 PM
cppbuilder96
Hi everyone,
I need to have a "OnKeyUp" event for TPanel component;
How can i obtain this event?
Thanks in advanced.
Marco

Re:TPanel events

Hi,
Are you sure that you need "OnKeyUp" and not "OnMouseUp"?
( Key as i know means keyboard key-up, not mouse button )
If you need "OnMouseUp" then i can give you an example for it.
Ramy
"Marco" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

Hi everyone,
I need to have a "OnKeyUp" event for TPanel component;
How can i obtain this event?

Thanks in advanced.

Marco

Re:TPanel events

I'm sure, i'm already using "OnMouseUp" event but i need "OnKeyUp" event too.
Any idea?
Thanks.
Marco

{smallsort}

Re:TPanel events

This is my situation;
I need twentyfive areas on a Form.
When i move the mouse cursor on one of these areas the area
become active.
When an area is enable i start-up and stop a function with F2 key on the keyboard:
F2->Down =>Function Start
F2->Up =>Function Stop
Are there other components that carry out this function?
NOTE: I don't want 3D effects when an area is enable.
Thanks.
Marco

Re:TPanel events

Marco wrote:
F2->Down =>Function Start
F2->Up =>Function Stop

Are there other components that carry out this function?
Just set the property KeyPreview to true for the whole form.
After that you can use OnKeyDown() and OnKeyUp() of the form.
Hans.

Re:TPanel events

Thank you very much Hans.
Marco