TTimer in a thread

2004-07-03 01:21:42 AM
cppbuilder64
I'm having problems using a TTimer in a thread - I am enabling it but it
just doesn't seem to get triggered. Should I be able to do this?
Andrew

Re:TTimer in a thread

"Drew" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I'm having problems using a TTimer in a thread
TTimer is a message-based timer, and threads do not have message queues by
default.
I am enabling it but it just doesn't seem to get triggered.
Nor should it.
Why are you using TTimer in a thread to begin with? If you must use a timer
in a thread, I would suggest using a multimedia timer via the timeSetEvent()
function instead.
Gambit