Applications that minimize to the system tray

2004-10-29 08:34:42 PM
cppbuilder68
Does anyone know an easy way to create applications that minimize to the
system tray? Are there any VCL components? I'd like to create an application
that will reduce to an icon in the system tray, like Microsoft ActiveSync.
Thanks,
Jeff

Re:Applications that minimize to the system tray

www.bcbdev.com/faqs/faq73.htm
"Jeff" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Does anyone know an easy way to create applications that minimize to the
system tray? Are there any VCL components? I'd like to create an
application
that will reduce to an icon in the system tray, like Microsoft ActiveSync.

Thanks,
Jeff

Re:Applications that minimize to the system tray

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.

news:418238e2$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Does anyone know an easy way to create applications that minimize to the
>system tray? Are there any VCL components? I'd like to create an
application
>that will reduce to an icon in the system tray, like Microsoft
>ActiveSync.
>
>Thanks,
>Jeff

{smallsort}

Re:Applications that minimize to the system tray

One more thing:
I was looking over the example, and I'm unable to see where the actual icon
is stored?
// Load the icon from the EXE's resources
TrayIcon = new Graphics::TIcon;
TrayIcon->Handle=LoadImage(HInstance,"LITTLEICON",IMAGE_ICON,0,0,0);
This is the code in there, where is the icon in the EXE, and how can I
change it?
Thanks,
Jeff

"Jeff" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
One more thing:

I was looking over the example, and I'm unable to see where the actual icon
is stored?

// Load the icon from the EXE's resources
TrayIcon = new Graphics::TIcon;
TrayIcon->Handle=LoadImage(HInstance,"LITTLEICON",IMAGE_ICON,0,0,0);

This is the code in there, where is the icon in the EXE, and how can I
change it?
That code presumes that you have the icon in a res file.
~ JD