I've lost control of my application

2005-03-24 01:58:22 PM
cppbuilder91
I have an application which, when the user presses a 'start' button, takes
around 30 seconds to complete its work. While it is working it updates a
Tmemo once every second with its progress. I would like to provide a stop
button which the user can press to interrupt the work in progress. The
problem is that when the application is working all controls on the form do
not respond to input. The form itself, although the app is working, will
not redraw when the application is switched to.
What is the best way to solve this problem ?
Thanks for reading.

Re:I've lost control of my application

I have an application which, when the user presses a 'start' button, takes
around 30 seconds to complete its work. While it is working it updates a
Tmemo once every second with its progress. I would like to provide a stop
button which the user can press to interrupt the work in progress. The
problem is that when the application is working all controls on the form do
not respond to input. The form itself, although the app is working, will
not redraw when the application is switched to.
What is the best way to solve this problem ?
Thank you very much for reading.