Re: Compile Error

2006-09-10 09:48:10 PM
cppbuilder95
On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 00:03:24 -0400, Roger wrote:
[C++ Error] Test.cpp(607): E2034 Cannot convert
'void (_fastcall *)(TObject *,TWorkMode,const int)' to
'void (_fastcall * (_closure )(TObject *,TWorkMode,const int))(TObject
*,TWorkMode,const int)'

What do I have to do to make this error go away?
FtpOnWork is not a class method, which is why it doesn't convert to
one. Class methods (except for static ones) have an implicit /this/
pointer argument.
What you can do includes creating a your function as a class method
and then assigning it.
--
Liz
Please check the newsgroup guidelines and general netiquette

Re:Re: Compile Error

Hi All,
When I compile the project I get this error
[Linker Fatal Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'IP50_D5.LIB'
I am using C++ Builder 5.0 and infopower 4000
Thanks for any help
Lee

Re:Re: Compile Error

Lee wrote:
When I compile the project I get this error
[Linker Fatal Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'IP50_D5.LIB'
I am using C++ Builder 5.0
Probably the lib in question is not in your project, try to add it:
- Project->Add to project
- Select 'lib' extention in file dialog
- Pount out lib-file and press OK
--
Alex

{smallsort}

Re:Re: Compile Error

Just recompiled a program in BCB2006 that was originally created in BCB6 and
get the following error
E2142 eclaration syntax Error on the following line in sysinit.hpp
extern PACKAGE HINSTANCE HInstance;
I then get 25 more occurrences of the same error on every subsequent line in
the same file
Any ideas?

Re:Re: Compile Error

"Paul" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
Just recompiled a program in BCB2006 that was originally created in
BCB6 and get the following error

E2142 eclaration syntax Error on the following line in sysinit.hpp

extern PACKAGE HINSTANCE HInstance;
Probably PACKAGE or HINSTANCE are not defined. Are you including the
proper header? It's possible that you got those definitions in BCB6
by accident (indirectly from some other header), rather than by
actually including them yourself.
You can grep through the headers that they provide to find out where
these are defined and ensure you do include that/those header(s).
--
Chris (TeamB);