Missing packages

2004-09-25 03:40:44 AM
cppbuilder84
I use a couple of third party packages. They both have worked fine from
the start, but in the last few months, BCB seems to want to throw the
Systools packages away. I am using BCB6 enterprise version on a Windows
XP system. Every time I open BCB and load my project, it announces that
it can't find the Systools design time or run time libraries and removes
my references to them . In order to work correctly, I have to open BCB,
reinstall the packages and then open my project -- a real pain. The
systools packages are stored in a subdirectory under the main BCB
directory. I have checked the regestry and the referneces to for known
packages is there for the design time library under HKEY_CURRENT_USER,
but not for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. I tried adding the entry to the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE list of known packages, but it didn't seem to matter.
Any ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Re:Missing packages

Cherie,
Perhaps this will help you:
- Open Builder
- "File | Close All"
- "Component | Install Packages" and remove the Systools package
- Close Builder
- Open explorer and go to $(BCB)\Bin
- Manually edit the Default.BPR file
- Look for the [Excluded Packages] section and remove if exists
- Save and close
- Next, navigate to your project BPR file and manually edit
- Look for the [Excluded Packages] section and remove if exists
- Save and close
- Open Builder
- "File | Close All"
- "Component | Install Packages" and add the Systools package
- Close the dialog
- Close and reopen Builder just to be safe
- Open your project
At this point Systools package should load just fine.
HTH
- Clayton