BDS2006 and destination path for HPP files

2006-01-19 06:29:56 AM
cppbuilder2
Hi everyone,
Today is a wonderful day for me. I've had my copy of BDS2006 for two weeks
and just now got a chance to install it. 3 hours later, here I am asking my
first question. :-)
I am in the process of converting over one of my BCB OP packages to be
compiled using Delphi2006. My assumption is that all OP packages should be
compiled in the Delphi personality and the BCB packages should be compiled
in the BCB personality. If I'm wrong, please let me know if there is
another way.
In BCB I used to be able to add a "-E" flag to the <PFLAGS>tag to specify
the target path for the generated HPP files. I've found the "Generate all
C++ Builder files" in the project options so that the C++ files get
generated but I cannot see how to specify the target path for HPP files.
Any help would be much appreciated,
- Clayton

Re:BDS2006 and destination path for HPP files

"Clayton Arends" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
My assumption is that all OP packages should be compiled in
the Delphi personality and the BCB packages should be
compiled in the BCB personality.
That is not necessary. The Delphi compiler can (and always has been able
to) output C++ support files (HPP, BPI/BPL, etc) as well as Delphi support
files (DCU, etc).
In BCB I used to be able to add a "-E" flag to the <PFLAGS>tag to
specify the target path for the generated HPP files. I've found the
"Generate all C++ Builder files" in the project options so that the C++
files get generated but I cannot see how to specify the target path for
HPP files.
Use the -NH switch, which cooresponds to the -N0 (or -N2) switch in earlier
BCB versions.
Gambit

Re:BDS2006 and destination path for HPP files

Thanks for your reply Remy,
The Delphi compiler can (and always has been able
to) output C++ support files (HPP, BPI/BPL, etc) as well as Delphi support
files (DCU, etc).
I am a longtime user of BCB (1,3,4,5,6). I realize that BCB generates the
OP support files. My assumption was in regard to project types. DPK versus
BPK. DPK can only be compiled by Delphi personality, BPK by BCB
personality. However, before you respond to this, I had a fundamental
misconception of how to use BDS. When I first launched BDS I did so using
the "C++Builder" and "Delphi for Microsoft Win32" shortcuts. In my haste I
didn't notice the "Borland Developer Studio 2006" shortcut which launched
BDS with all personalities loaded. I was then able to see that I can mix
projects of different personalities in the same project manager. I can then
compile all projects and the correct personality is used.
Use the -NH switch, which cooresponds to the -N0 (or -N2) switch in
earlier
BCB versions.
Since the PFLAGS tag is a BPK feature and since I am using a DPK file there
is no direct correlation. However, I attempt to apply your suggestion. I
edited the CFG file for the project and added a -NH switch. This did not
have the result I was looking for. Then I edited the BDSPROJ file and found
the <Delphi.Personality><Directories>tag. In there is the following
subtag:
<Directories Name="OutputDir"></Directories>
My first glance at this made me think it corresponded to the "Output
directory" edit field in the [Directories/Conditionals] area of the project
options. But then I noticed that a different tag had that setting:
<Directories Name="PackageDLLOutputDir">mypath</Directories>
So I edited the "OutputDir" tag and put in my desired HPP path. I saved,
opened in BDS, compiled, and viola ... the HPP files are now in the correct
location. Then, I opened the project's CFG file and found that a "-E"
switch had been added to it corresponding to the path that I edited. So, it
would turn out that the setting is the same.
Now, if Borland would just add this in the project options dialog ...
Thanks again for the reply,
- Clayton

{smallsort}