Is it possible to use block-folding ($REGION) also in .txt/.cpp?

2007-02-04 11:31:44 PM
cppbuilder21
I would like to use the block-folding ($REGION) in a text file to
bring a little structure in some of my docs.
Is this possible?
I tried to rename my .txt to .pas (and even to .cs) and I got these
blocks to fold/unfold, but also I got these red '~ ', indicating there
is something wrong with my Delphi file.
Can I surround the entire file with a comment-block and so holding
away the unwanted chars, styles, colors, etc. and still keeping the
code-folding?
Thanks,
Michael

Re:Is it possible to use block-folding ($REGION) also in .txt/.cpp?

<MR>wrote in message
I would like to use the block-folding ($REGION) in a text file
to bring a little structure in some of my docs.
If I remember correctly, .cpp files can use '#pragma region' instead.
I don't think there is any code folding instructions available for
non-code files, though. I could be wrong, though, as I haven't used
BDS 2006 in a long time.
Gambit

"Remy Lebeau \(TeamB\)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schrieb:

<MR>wrote in message
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>I would like to use the block-folding ($REGION) in a text file
>to bring a little structure in some of my docs.

If I remember correctly, .cpp files can use '#pragma region' instead.
Yes, indeed, even not documented ,e.g.
#pragma region "my_region"
#pragma end_region
does what I want...
I could be wrong, though, as I haven't used
BDS 2006 in a long time.
Oh, so you are already using BDS2007!? ;-)
Thanks,
Michael

{smallsort}

<MR>wrote in message
Oh, so you are already using BDS2007!? ;-)
No. I'm not using any BDS product right now. I still do most of my
development in BCB 5 and 6.
Gambit