RAD 2007, cpp personality - Where are default options saved

2007-11-15 02:18:58 AM
cppbuilder97
I'm trying to permanently set my RAD2007 options - in particular, I'm
trying to set my default C++ Data Alignment to "Quad Word".
With no project open, I set the default "Base" build config as "Quad
Word", and the "Debug" and "Release" default to this accordingly.
But if I open an existing project, it still says "Double Word" (the
default, according to the help) for all build configurations. The
.cbproj file doesn't have any alignment entries (BCC_DataAlignment), so
I can't figure out where the "Double Word" is coming from, if my default
is "Quad Word".
Others on my project team open the same exact project, and it shows as
"Quad Word" for them.
What am I missing?
Thanks,
PaulR

Re:RAD 2007, cpp personality - Where are default options saved

"PaulR" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I'm trying to permanently set my RAD2007 options - in particular,
I'm trying to set my default C++ Data Alignment to "Quad Word".

With no project open, I set the default "Base" build config as
"Quad Word", and the "Debug" and "Release" default to this
accordingly.

But if I open an existing project, it still says "Double Word" (the
default, according to the help) for all build configurations.
Of course, because an existing project already has its own settings
established that are separate from the defaults. Changing the default
settings only affects new projects that are created after making the change.
Gambit

Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:
established that are separate from the defaults. Changing the default
settings only affects new projects that are created after making the change.

Gambit
Surely. But my issue is that the .cbproj involved doesn't have the
setting for the data alignment. I'm trying to find out where exactly it
pulls it in from, if it isn't in the .cbproj.
Somehow it's right for another dev, but wrong for me, with the exact
same .cbproj. So there must be a way to set defaults that I'm not doing
right (I couldn't figure it out by looking at the other dev's setup).
Thanks,
PaulR

{smallsort}

Re:RAD 2007, cpp personality - Where are default options saved

"PaulR" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Surely. But my issue is that the .cbproj involved doesn't have
the setting for the data alignment. I'm trying to find out where
exactly it pulls it in from, if it isn't in the .cbproj.
If a project does not explicitally state the alignment, then DWORD is used.
Changing the default project setting to QWORD does not effect that. All that
does is changes the default project template to have an explicit non-default
setting for new projects.
Gambit

Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:
If a project does not explicitally state the alignment, then DWORD is used.
Changing the default project setting to QWORD does not effect that. All that
does is changes the default project template to have an explicit non-default
setting for new projects.

Gambit
That's what I would have thought, but when my coworker views the same
project, somehow automagically his options show as quad. That's what
made me think that there's some way of permanently changing that default
from DWORD to QWORD (i.e., so if not otherwise spec'd, it defaults to
QWORD instead of DWORD).
It's a problem because when my coworker saves the project, the alignment
doesn't get written to the project (as it isn't different for him). But
if I do the same thing (after changing to QWORD), it makes an entry in
the .cbproj. It causes a problem for me because when I view/compile a
project he made, I see it as DWORD (with resultant chaos when I use
pre-built libraries compiled as QWORD).
Do you happen to know where exactly Codegear stores this stuff? I
remember before there was a default project file you could view, but I
haven't been able to find its equivalent in RAD2007. I've looked in the
install directory, and I've looked in the registry with no luck.
Thanks for your help.
PaulR