Are this C++ Builder 2007 IDE Bugs?

2008-03-07 10:46:43 AM
cppbuilder103
Hi there, i have 2 issues when working with forms and packages, I'm using
Windows XP and have lastes updates installed:
1. if i set that the package is runtime only(unload and reload the package),
when working with a form, the controls are displayed like if it was
win95(buttons,etc..) but at runtime when i load the package and create the
form, the controls are displayed correctly like WinXp Controls. so this is
just a design under the IDE display problem or this is the way it should
work, or am i doing something wrong?
2. i have a project group with package A and B, A contains a formA that is
used as parent of formAB on B, if i open formAB i get the error "error
creating form: Ancestor for 'formAB' not found, clicked Ok on the message
box, and the IDE only opens the cpp file, it works OK if i have previously
opened formA of package A. this is how it should work or it is a bug?
Thanks in advance,
Omar Zelaya

Re:Are this C++ Builder 2007 IDE Bugs?

"Omar Zelaya" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
1. if i set that the package is runtime only(unload and reload the
package), when working with a form, the controls are displayed like if
it was win95(buttons,etc..) but at runtime when i load the package and
create the form, the controls are displayed correctly like WinXp
Controls. so this is just a design under the IDE display problem or this
is the way it should work, or am i doing something wrong?
Does your IDE ever display Windows controls using the XP theme?
2. i have a project group with package A and B, A contains a formA that is
used as parent of formAB on B, if i open formAB i get the error "error
creating form: Ancestor for 'formAB' not found, clicked Ok on the message
box, and the IDE only opens the cpp file, it works OK if i have previously
opened formA of package A. this is how it should work or it is a bug?
If the ancestor form is a member of the same package as the descendant form
then you should be able to open the descendant without first opening the
ancestor. If you can't then you may be experiencing a project management
bug. If you open your .cbproj file you should see the following section for
each form:
<CppCompile Include="form_unit.cpp">
<Form>form_name</Form>
<DependentOn>form_unit.h</DependentOn>
<BuildOrder>some_value</BuildOrder>
</CppCompile>
... and lower in the file you should see the following for each form:
<FormResources Include="form_unit.dfm" />
If any part of the above is missing for any form then manually add it in,
save, and reload in the IDE. You should now be able to work with your
descendant without first opening the ancestor.
If the ancestor is in another package then you may need to always open the
ancestor first.
HTH,
Clayton

Re:Are this C++ Builder 2007 IDE Bugs?

1. Yes, with exe projects the IDE use the XP theme. also after create a
package add a form and work with the form it does use the xp theme, but
after unload and realod the package, it no longer uses the XP theme.
2. I have added all the entries manually and yes...my ancestor form is in
another package, so maybe i do have to open the parent form first.
Thanks
Omar
news:47d0ac9c$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>1. if i set that the package is runtime only(unload and reload the
>package), when working with a form, the controls are displayed like if
>it was win95(buttons,etc..) but at runtime when i load the package and
>create the form, the controls are displayed correctly like WinXp
>Controls. so this is just a design under the IDE display problem or this
>is the way it should work, or am i doing something wrong?

Does your IDE ever display Windows controls using the XP theme?

>2. i have a project group with package A and B, A contains a formA that
>is
>used as parent of formAB on B, if i open formAB i get the error "error
>creating form: Ancestor for 'formAB' not found, clicked Ok on the message
>box, and the IDE only opens the cpp file, it works OK if i have
>previously
>opened formA of package A. this is how it should work or it is a bug?

If the ancestor form is a member of the same package as the descendant
form then you should be able to open the descendant without first opening
the ancestor. If you can't then you may be experiencing a project
management bug. If you open your .cbproj file you should see the
following section for each form:

<CppCompile Include="form_unit.cpp">
<Form>form_name</Form>
<DependentOn>form_unit.h</DependentOn>
<BuildOrder>some_value</BuildOrder>
</CppCompile>

... and lower in the file you should see the following for each form:

<FormResources Include="form_unit.dfm" />

If any part of the above is missing for any form then manually add it in,
save, and reload in the IDE. You should now be able to work with your
descendant without first opening the ancestor.

If the ancestor is in another package then you may need to always open the
ancestor first.

HTH,
Clayton

{smallsort}