Re: Notifications on file modification ?

2003-07-23 05:57:58 PM
cppbuilder3
Christophe Brun wrote:
Let's suppose I have an application handling some files. Those files may be
opened and modified outside my application. This feature exists, for
example, in the explorer, which freshens its files list when some
modifications take place.
I'm looking for a way to be notified of such a change (some WindowsWM_xxx
message, or some API function may be ????).
Have a look at:
FindFirstChangeNotification();
Hans.

Re:Re: Notifications on file modification ?

"Hans Galema" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >a écrit dans le message
de news: 3f1e5beb$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
Christophe Brun wrote:

Have a look at:

FindFirstChangeNotification();

Great ! That's exactly what I needed.
Thanks :o)

"Hans Galema" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Have a look at:

FindFirstChangeNotification();
Although that is useful, it doesn't actually tell you the details of the
change, only that a change occured. If you want the details of the change,
then you have to hook into the Shell's own notifications directly:
www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/4942/notify.html
Gambit

{smallsort}

Re:Re: Notifications on file modification ?

Have a look at:

FindFirstChangeNotification();

Hans.

Or you could try ReadDirectoryChangesW