Force release of mouse button

2005-10-29 02:32:44 AM
cppbuilder16
How do I force the mouse button to be released? I have a button which I the
user to be able to click/press repeatedly without lifting the mouse button
(I am using a custom mouse class by the way).

Re:Force release of mouse button

How do I force the mouse button to be released?
(I am using a custom mouse class by the way).

Look into what your custom class is doing. It may be passing OnMouseDown
events to the OnMouseClick routines.

Re:Force release of mouse button

Oops ... silly me. I meant to say that I am using a custom button class.
Geez I feel stupid now! So, with that corrected, does anybody know how I can
achieve this?
Thanks!
"poojo hackma" <poojo.com/mail>wrote in message
>How do I force the mouse button to be released?
>(I am using a custom mouse class by the way).

Look into what your custom class is doing. It may be passing OnMouseDown
events to the OnMouseClick routines.

{smallsort}

Re:Force release of mouse button

Oops ... I meant to say that I am using a custom button class.
It seems like Visual Studio had a setting in it's button class to turn a
button into a toggling creature (Like the Bold, Underline, and Italics
buttons in Microsoft Word: You click them to turn them on, then click them
again to turn them back off). I'm not sure if this is your issue, but you
might want to look into the class and see if it has any exposed properties
for Toggle ...or Pressed, or ???

"Stu" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
How do I force the mouse button to be released?
You don't.
I have a button which I the user to be able to click/press
repeatedly without lifting the mouse button
In the button's OnMouseDown event, start a timer. In the OnMouseUp event,
stop the timer. Each time the timer elapses, do your actual work.
Gambit