Manifesting should work right with any BCB

2005-03-29 04:38:11 PM
cppbuilder89
The problem could be solved quite easily by... MANIFESTING bcb.exe
executable besides manifesting your project's executable. That might work on
BCB 3. But be careful with this thing cuz what might happen (and abviously
will) is that all images contained in your imagelists will be destroyed (oh
well, no big deal..LOL)

Re:Manifesting should work right with any BCB

Thank you for your suggestion.
My Problem is almost solved, the only unsolved problem is that
with a manifest, something like
CheckBox1->Font->Color=clBlue ;
doesn't work, the Caption remains black
(CheckBox1 is a TCheckBox) but
CheckBox1->Font->Style=TFontStyles()<<fsBold ;
works perfectly.
So the user of my application can distinguish the two kinds of
TCheckBox available, their Captions beeing standard or bold instead of
beeing black or blue.
Do you know what should I read to understand how manifests work ?
Danila Vershinin wrote:
The problem could be solved quite easily by... MANIFESTING bcb.exe
executable besides manifesting your project's executable. That might work on
BCB 3. But be careful with this thing cuz what might happen (and abviously
will) is that all images contained in your imagelists will be destroyed (oh
well, no big deal..LOL)

Re:Manifesting should work right with any BCB

Thank you on that great link and that great site of yours :)
"Danila Vershinin" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
The problem could be solved quite easily by... MANIFESTING bcb.exe
executable besides manifesting your project's executable. That might work
on BCB 3. But be careful with this thing cuz what might happen (and
abviously will) is that all images contained in your imagelists will be
destroyed (oh well, no big deal..LOL)

{smallsort}

Re:Manifesting should work right with any BCB

Sorry for the mess I made in newsgroup (last post of mine =)
I have some articles saved on my computer about using manifest files and
about compatiability issues with it. Email me for copy