Listing devices in the I/O page segment

2005-02-17 03:50:43 PM
cppbuilder57
Hello,
I want to list out all the Eeproms on my laptop. Does anyone know how to
list out the devices such as Eeproms, the parallel port, etc by using it's
memory location? How are these devices layed out memory wise? Is there a
standard start / end range for each device ?
Thanks,

Re:Listing devices in the I/O page segment

Hi,
"Maurice Anderson" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Hello,

I want to list out all the Eeproms on my laptop. Does anyone know how to
list out the devices such as Eeproms, the parallel port, etc by using it's
memory location? How are these devices layed out memory wise? Is there a
standard start / end range for each device ?

Thanks,

codecentral -
For C++Builder - codecentral.borland.com/codecentral/ccweb.exe/listing
For C# - codecentral.borland.com/codecentral/ccweb.exe/listing
Articles at codeproject -
www.codeproject.com/csharp/DivingSysProg1.asp
www.codeproject.com/csharp/DivingSysProg2.asp
www.codeproject.com/csharp/DivingSysProg3.asp
www.codeproject.com/useritems/serial_portsenum_fifo.asp
Vladimir.

Maurice Anderson wrote:
I want to list out all the Eeproms on my laptop. Does anyone know
how to list out the devices such as Eeproms, the parallel port, etc
by using it's memory location?
I'm not sure but I think you want to look at
SetupDiEnumDeviceInterfaces() but you'll need to know the GUIDs you
want to search for.
WinIoctl.h contains some GUIDs but this isn't an exhaustive list. You
can use these to search your registry though and perhaps get an insight
into which GUIDs you should look for. Also if you have a .inf file for
something that has a GUID that should appear in the registry.
Unfortunately I don't know exactly how all this fits together myself. I
still haven't been able to find out how you locate an internal floppy
disk using SetupDiEnumDeviceInterfaces(). USB devices, memory sticks,
hard disks sure. But not the internal FDC :(
--
Andrue Cope [TeamB]
[Bicester, Uk]

{smallsort}