Re: FUD thread

2004-05-31 07:56:15 PM
cppbuilder44
Oi Saulo,
Algumas vezes eles fazem promogues e nco cobram o frete!
Obrigado pelas dicas!
--
Ken
planeta.terra.com.br/educacao/kencamargo/

Re:Re: FUD thread

At 23:45:24, 30.05.2004, Kenneth de Camargo wrote:
The songs are basically from Meddle, IIRC.
<snip>
Hey guys, this is very off-topic, so please take it to the appropriate
group for such messages: borland.public.off-topic.
It might even lighten up that place a bit. <g>
--
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)
"Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all

Re:Re: FUD thread

Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:
At 23:58:29, 30.05.2004, Randall Parker wrote:

>But action speaks louder than words. If Borland wants to send a loud
>message of assurance to their C++ customers then a service pak is the
>absolutely best way of doing so. Fix some regression bugs that were
>introduced in v5 and fix some other regression bugs that were
>introduced in v6 just to show that Borland intends to shift its
>direction of motion in the Windows C++ market from backwards to
>forwards.

A service pack would take valuable time. I am not sure they have that
time and the resources.

That seems pretty obvious. After all, they don't have the
time/resources to produce a letter...
David Erbas-White

{smallsort}

Re:Re: FUD thread

Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:
Hey guys, this is very off-topic, so please take it to the appropriate
group for such messages: borland.public.off-topic.
It was just a minor drift, and was already dwindling down. Given the
status bpot was last time I looked, definitely *not* the place I'd want
to go.
It might even lighten up that place a bit. <g>
Unlikely.
--
Ken
planeta.terra.com.br/educacao/kencamargo/
* this is not a sig *

Re:Re: FUD thread

"Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >escreveu na mensagem
I don't think that is what is holding back the open letter.
And what it could be?
Saulo

Re:Re: FUD thread

At 18:43:04, 31.05.2004, David Erbas-White wrote:
That seems pretty obvious. After all, they don't have the
time/resources to produce a letter...
I don't think that is what is holding back the open letter.
--
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)
"Before C++ we had to code all of our bugs by hand; now we inherit
them." -- unknown

Re:Re: FUD thread

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>I don't think that is what is holding back the open letter.

And what it could be?
Adhesive tape? Glue?
--

At 22:20:05, 31.05.2004, Saulo I. Regis wrote:
"Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >escreveu na mensagem
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>I don't think that is what is holding back the open letter.

And what it could be?
Probably something internal.
--
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)
"I do not consider it an insult, but rather a compliment to be called an

Re:Re: FUD thread

Ed Mulroy [TeamB] wrote:
Yes, I do.

.. Ed

>Saulo I. Regis wrote in message
>news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>
>Do you like Pink Floyd, Ed?

But do you like them from the Syc Barret days? :-)

Re:Re: FUD thread

Kenneth de Camargo wrote:
Saulo I. Regis wrote:

>A great acquisition for sure :)

<G>

I thought of buying the "Pompeii" DVD too, but am not quite sure about
that.

IMHO, the triad Dark Side of the Moon - Wish You Were Here - The Wall
is Pink Floyd's highest achievement and among the best music ever.

Recommend against the pompeii concert....

Re:Re: FUD thread

martin fensome wrote:
But do you like them from the Syc Barret days? :-)
Syd. When he got really Syc, he was Sac-ed from the band.
<g>
--

martin fensome wrote:
Recommend against the pompeii concert....
(sorry Rudy) Any particular reason?
--
Ken
planeta.terra.com.br/educacao/kencamargo/
* this is not a sig *

Re:Re: FUD thread

Inertia.
"Kenneth de Camargo" <INVERT:rb.moc.arret@jcrk>wrote:
Adhesive tape? Glue?

Re:Re: FUD thread

Note what I wrote. I do not follow the people in the band. I just
like their music however and with whomever they managed to create it.
I think the last ones I ever paid attention to who the people were are
Lambert, Hendricks and Ross and the Bee Gees. I just lost interest in
following the sagas of pampered people.
If you mean from back when "The Wall" was popular then yes.
Note that Rudy has mentioned that this really belongs in Off-Topic.
. Ed
news:40bb9c41$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

"Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message news:< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >...
At 23:58:29, 30.05.2004, Randall Parker wrote:

>But action speaks louder than words. If Borland wants to send a loud
>message of assurance to their C++ customers then a service pak is the
>absolutely best way of doing so. Fix some regression bugs that were
>introduced in v5 and fix some other regression bugs that were
>introduced in v6 just to show that Borland intends to shift its
>direction of motion in the Windows C++ market from backwards to
>forwards.

A service pack would take valuable time. I am not sure they have that
time and the resources.
My question is why doesn't Borland just redefine BCB as the competitor
to MS C#? They then would have the time and the resources.