Re: Can't start bds any longer..

2006-05-13 05:09:07 AM
cppbuilder31
As I know You can install OS-X in your PC right now (if you have an AMD64 or
compatible).
There is document called '(APPLE) - Install OS X Tiger On Intel
Machines.doc' that describes how to do it.
But I didn't have time to play with it.
Saludos
Sebastian
"Jonathan Benedicto" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >escribi?en el mensaje
Nah, the bank is too old :-) IE7 is the best you can get, unless you run
Mac or Linux, then it is the best you can't get <g>

Jonathan

Re:Re: Can't start bds any longer..

"Ingvar Anderberg" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Another disadvantage was that my bank didn't accept IE7
so I could not log in there <g>.
Stupid bank?
(Are there really banks left who insist on browser types rather than
browser capabilities?)
Alan Bellingham
--
Team Thai Kingdom
<url:www.borland.com/newsgroups/>Borland newsgroup descriptions

Jonathan Benedicto wrote:

Nah, the bank is too old :-) IE7 is the best you can get, unless you run Mac
That's a matter of opinion.

{smallsort}

Sebastian Ledesma [Solidyne Labs] wrote:
As I know You can install OS-X in your PC right now (if you have an AMD64
or compatible).
There is document called '(APPLE) - Install OS X Tiger On Intel
Machines.doc' that describes how to do it.
But I didn't have time to play with it.
Well, I don't like Mac :-) But thank you for the info.
Jonathan

Re:Re: Can't start bds any longer..

Alex Bakaev [TeamB] wrote:
That's a matter of opinion.
I guess so. <g>
Jonathan

Re:Re: Can't start bds any longer..

Simon Rydberg wrote:
I uninstalled ie 7 beta and suddenly my bds came back to life!!
That is crazy, I've had BDS and IE7 for a long while now, and no problems.
Jonathan

Re:Re: Can't start bds any longer..

"Alex Bakaev [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
LOL! Aren't you relying on MSFT proprietary technologies when you boot
your PC?
I don't mind relying on the OS, but how I use the PC after that should be my
choice. BCB5 enables me to develop my own apps to run under the OS, and they
may occasionally reach out to support components in the OS, but, again, that
would be my choice. With BDS2006, we are being forced to adopt .Net as a
support component for the IDE (thank God, not the resultant apps!), and I
find that off-putting.
--
Mark Jacobs
jacobsm.com

Re:Re: Can't start bds any longer..

At 19:18:10, 12.05.2006, Arnie wrote:
Why would an IDE behave
that way? Similarly, why would an IDE count on a particular version of
IE being installed?
The IDE uses the IE ActiveX control to display data in the Welcome page.
The welcome page is actually a local web page.
Also, things like common controls are installed (and apparently change)
with the browser.
But well, if IE7 breaks that, shame on Microsoft for DLL hell. One
generally hopes that a version change does not break existing
functionality, because if it does, the apps you write (which might also
use common controls, shell objects, etc.) might also stop working, not
just Borland's IDE.
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] rvelthuis.de/
"There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them

Re:Re: Can't start bds any longer..

Which proves that parts of BDS2006 IDE depend on IE components in the
underlying OS. When these componenets are changed, the IDE cannot load.
Now that's bad!
--
So installing a beta product causes a stable app to stop working, and that
is the fault of the manufacturer of the app? Did you read the disclaimer on

Re:Re: Can't start bds any longer..

"Alan Bellingham" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >skrev
"Ingvar Anderberg" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

>Another disadvantage was that my bank didn't accept IE7
>so I could not log in there <g>.

Stupid bank?

(Are there really banks left who insist on browser types rather than
browser capabilities?)

When you log in to the bank in the intention to manage your bank accounts
and pay your bills, I'll guess it's another matter of course..
/ia

news:4464b3a9$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>LOL! Aren't you relying on MSFT proprietary technologies when you boot
>your PC?

I don't mind relying on the OS, but how I use the PC after that should be my
choice. BCB5 enables me to develop my own apps to run under the OS, and they
may occasionally reach out to support components in the OS, but, again, that
would be my choice. With BDS2006, we are being forced to adopt .Net as a
support component for the IDE (thank God, not the resultant apps!), and I
find that off-putting.
Mark,
1) Could you explain overall what harm there is to adopt .Net in your
operating environment, why do find it off-putting. If it is not changing
your programing behavior, if you are not going to slowdown why don't
we install .Net. I doubt that, if there is any other person in this
community are agreeing not to adopt .Net.
2) You have no other choice, if you would upgrade to VC the default is
.Net. My conclusion is, if you want to be in the Windows market you must
upgrade one of them. The sooner the better. Choose one of them.
Sabetay

"Sabetay Toros" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
1) Could you explain overall what harm there is to adopt .Net in your
operating environment, why do find it off-putting. If it is not changing
your programing behavior, if you are not going to slowdown why don't we
install .Net. I doubt that, if there is any other person in this community
are agreeing not to adopt .Net.
But why should I have to install a *Microsoft* proprietary technology in
order to run a *Borland* IDE? As I said before, one should only need the OS
and nothing else, unless you choose to use it.
--
Mark Jacobs
jacobsm.com

news:446598b5$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>1) Could you explain overall what harm there is to adopt .Net in your
>operating environment, why do find it off-putting. If it is not changing
>your programing behavior, if you are not going to slowdown why don't we
>install .Net. I doubt that, if there is any other person in this community
>are agreeing not to adopt .Net.

But why should I have to install a *Microsoft* proprietary technology in
order to run a *Borland* IDE? As I said before, one should only need the OS
and nothing else, unless you choose to use it.
This is not an answer, asking a question to a question. Simply I ask
you what harm does it would give you to install .Net. Just nothing.
Your question answer is we have no other choise if we want to develop
Windows applications, Borland or Microsof both of them they are
delivering more or less the same development tool. Do you have any other
solution?
Sabetay

"Ingvar Anderberg" <test>wrote:
"Alan Bellingham" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >skrev
>Stupid bank?
>
>(Are there really banks left who insist on browser types rather than
>browser capabilities?)

When you log in to the bank in the intention to manage your bank accounts
and pay your bills, I'll guess it's another matter of course..
If the bank won't allow me to log in because I'm using the most secure
and standardised web browser available, yes, I'd be furious. For them to
force me to use an older and less secure web browser is ... well, not
really very sensible.
This is why the server should insist on capabilities. For example, if it
can do 1024 bit SSL, then you allow it to send you data. If it can't,
you try 512 bit. At some level, you can say, "You're not secure enough"
and refuse.
Alan Bellingham
--

"Mark Jacobs" <www.jacobsm.com/mjmsg.htm?Borland Newsgroup>wrote:
But why should I have to install a *Microsoft* proprietary technology in
order to run a *Borland* IDE? As I said before, one should only need the OS
and nothing else, unless you choose to use it.
You're talking about the next great stage in the Microsoft OS there,
boy!
Alan Bellingham