Borland C++ Mobile Edition for Series 60, Nokia Edition

I have C++Builder 6 and "Borland C++ Mobile Edition for Series 60,
Nokia Edition".
Now, I can't find any info about any mobile development in the
documentation for the current C++Builder. Has it been dropped?
--
Per Johansson
Systems developer

Re:Borland C++ Mobile Edition for Series 60, Nokia Edition

Per Johansson wrote:
I have C++Builder 6 and "Borland C++ Mobile Edition for Series 60,
Nokia Edition".
Now, I can't find any info about any mobile development in the
documentation for the current C++Builder. Has it been dropped?

I think you should check this page
www.borland.com/us/company/news/press_releases/2003/09_15_03_mobile_industry_welcomes_cbx.html
Doychin

Re:Borland C++ Mobile Edition for Series 60, Nokia Edition

On Fri, 6 Oct 2006 07:11:12 UTC, Doychin Bondzhev
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Per Johansson wrote:
>I have C++Builder 6 and "Borland C++ Mobile Edition for Series 60,
>Nokia Edition".
>Now, I can't find any info about any mobile development in the
>documentation for the current C++Builder. Has it been dropped?

I think you should check this page
www.borland.com/us/company/news/press_releases/2003/09_15_03_mobile_industry_welcomes_cbx.html

Well, it says nothing about C++Builder, and C++BuilderX is no longer
available for download.
--
Per Johansson
Systems developer

{smallsort}

Re:Borland C++ Mobile Edition for Series 60, Nokia Edition

Per Johansson wrote:
Has it been dropped?
I think that's a safe "yes".
C++BuilderX was indeed targetted at that C++ market, but conveniently
ignored Borland's well-established C++ VCL user-base.
C++BuilderX allegedly has some nice features, but it's no longer
supported or available from Borland AFAIK. It also suffers from being a
'work in progress' that hasn't progressed.
You could try eBay? Or look for an eclipse-based solution.
- Roddy
--

Re:Borland C++ Mobile Edition for Series 60, Nokia Edition

C++BuilderX Personal Edition is available as part of the Borland Turbo C++
Suite (if that's even still available), but I don't think that edition
support mobile
development, although you can do your own toolchain if you want (it's XML
I think).
- Nate.

On Fri, 6 Oct 2006 20:40:55 UTC, "Roddy Pratt" <>wrote:
Per Johansson wrote:

>Has it been dropped?

I think that's a safe "yes".

C++BuilderX was indeed targetted at that C++ market, but conveniently
ignored Borland's well-established C++ VCL user-base.

C++BuilderX allegedly has some nice features, but it's no longer
supported or available from Borland AFAIK. It also suffers from being a
'work in progress' that hasn't progressed.

You could try eBay? Or look for an eclipse-based solution.

Better look elsewhere as it seems, if not Borland or "Devco" changes
its mind. I would prefere a tool that is supported by its owner. Nokia
now recommends Carbide.c++, Borland isn't even mentioned on the main
page at
forum.nokia.com/main/resources/tools_and_sdks/index.html .
Although:
"2.4 Tools
For independent developers who might want low-cost tools, the GNU
Compiler
Collection (GCC) ABI is available free with the S60 3rd Edition SDK.
Borland Software
Corporation and Microsoft Corporation are also expected to produce
tools compliant with
this compiler standard."
--
Per Johansson