convert hex string to long.. can it be done with streams?

can someone suggest a method to convert a hex string to a long value?
I was wondering if streams were a decent / possible way to go.
thanks
Jeff Kish

Re:convert hex string to long.. can it be done with streams?

On Tue, 05 Dec 2006 16:48:12 -0500, Jeff Kish < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
wrote:
can someone suggest a method to convert a hex string to a long value?

I was wondering if streams were a decent / possible way to go.

thanks
Jeff Kish
oh my.. strtol works fine it seems. I tried a bunch of other stuff and
made it a lot harder than it needed to be.
sorry for the bandwidth waste.