printf display

Beginner here, just installed Borland C++ v 5.0. Wrote simple
program to display "Hello World!". Compiled OK. When program runs, only a quick flash of output screen where I am assuming "Hello World!" is displayed. What do I have to do to
have an output window displayed on the desktop?

Re:printf display

Borland C++ 5.0 can create any of 16 bit Windows 3.1x EasyWin and
Graphical (GUI) programs, DOS programs and 32 bit Windows Console Mode
and GUI programs.
Your program says to open a new window in which it will display its
results. When the program is done Windows does what it was told to
do, close the window because the program which uses it is ended.
While I can guess it is a text mode program so is one of a DOS
program, a 16 bit Windows 3.1x EasyWin or a 32 bit Windows Console
Mode program, I cannot know which of them it is.
If you are running from within the IDE then place a breakpoint on the
return statement in main. If not, then add a line with
getchar();
on it as the last statement prior to the return in main and it will
wait for you to press the Enter key before ending.
When you ask about a program or some code please say what kind of
program is being created.
. Ed
news:4178f99c$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...