copy BC 4.51 on new machine

2005-12-08 07:56:28 PM
cppbuilder54
Hello,
I use BC4.51 for a long time on W2k. Now I just copied the whole folder
to new XP machine. IDE runs fine, copiling, linking is all fine, only 1
thing is: The mouse roller does not work in IDE.
Is this an installation problem or is this an XP problem with this
version of the IDE ? Note that the mouse roller does work on all other
programs on this machine, and also it works on the W2k machine.
thx, Wilfried
www.mestdagh.biz

Re:copy BC 4.51 on new machine

Wilfried Mestdagh wrote:
Hello,

I use BC4.51 for a long time on W2k. Now I just copied the whole folder
to new XP machine. IDE runs fine, copiling, linking is all fine, only 1
thing is: The mouse roller does not work in IDE.

Is this an installation problem or is this an XP problem with this
version of the IDE ? Note that the mouse roller does work on all other
programs on this machine, and also it works on the W2k machine.

thx, Wilfried
www.mestdagh.biz
BC 4.51 is too old application and it does not support the mouse wheel
messages. In order to use the wheel in it's IDE, you need a mouse driver
which will simulate vertical scroll messages. You probably have such
driver on the W2K machine, that's why it worked.
Jogy

Re:copy BC 4.51 on new machine

Jogy wrote:
BC 4.51 is too old application and it does not support the mouse wheel
messages. In order to use the wheel in it's IDE, you need a mouse driver
which will simulate vertical scroll messages. You probably have such
driver on the W2K machine, that's why it worked.
Hi Jogy,
Thanks for reply. I tried several IntelliPoint downloads from M$ site
but non of them working in IDE. Following your suggestion I take the
IntelliPoint CD from the w2k machine (version 3.2), and it works now as
a glance.
BTW.: During the installation several times a window pops up that it is
not supporting the current windows version, so if someone has this
problem then just go on like me :)
--
rgds, Wilfried
www.mestdagh.biz